MiG 27z - NATO reporting name Flogfoot - Finished pics pg 6

Started by zenrat, February 23, 2017, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Your wish is my command oh Kerickious one... ;D

As i've got 13 hard points to fill i've been rummaging for weapons and on top of the iron bombs and rocket pods in the kit i've found a load more iron bombs and rockets.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

That's looking very good, reminds me of the Jaguar. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Seeing this 27Z title, I hoped this would be a Zwilling, but the word Zwilling is German not Russian at all.
I have learned Russian at school but I have almost all forgotten, fortunately Google Translate helps for free:
близнец: (bliznyetz) twin
двойник: (dvoinik) double, twin
парная вещь : (parnaya vesh) twin, doublet, fellow
двойня: (dvoinya) twins, twin, two at a birth

Confirmed no Z.
BUT... what you did is good also, thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rick Lowe

That's coming along well - considerably changes the look of the -27, makes it hard to pick.
Excellent - Keep Them Guessing, Comrade!

kerick

Quote from: loupgarou on March 02, 2017, 11:51:29 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 23, 2017, 01:31:16 PM
This is gonna be a gouda!

You mean like this???  :o

You betcha!!

This MiG looks better every day! Once again I am forced to say, "Why didn't I think of that?"
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on March 02, 2017, 11:51:29 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 23, 2017, 01:31:16 PM
This is gonna be a gouda!

You mean like this???  :o

'e damn well did...

No apologies for that as its my thread.  No matter how cheesy it is.

Ho ho ho, i'm on a roll...

...cheese and pickle obviously. ;D

Primed it today and although I say it myself it looks even betterer all in one colour.
I'm in two minds about the folding ventral fin.  The early MiG 23s didn't have them and with these wings and payload this is going to be slower and maybe not in need of the extra directional stability?
Maybe i'll fit the fin but cut it down so it doesn't need to fold?

z for zenrat industries BTW. 
;D
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2017, 12:57:24 AM
Congratulations to Zenrat Industries for the He-111Z, Me-109Z, and others... ;)

Captain Canada

Oh yeah that's looking right ! Great stuff

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on March 04, 2017, 08:03:25 AM

Those had nothing to do with zenrat industries.  The use of an upper case Z is a dead give away.  :mellow:
Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on March 06, 2017, 11:53:18 PM
Quote from: Tophe on March 04, 2017, 08:03:25 AM

Those had nothing to do with zenrat industries.  The use of an upper case Z is a dead give away.  :mellow:
Uh, I did not say you are German. I know German language has the specificity to put many upper case letters everywhere: "I see one twin" makes "Ich sehe einen Zwilling", but your English-speaking zwillings could be as good as their Zwillings ;) ;D

zenrat

Ummm, yeah.  OK.

PSRs finished on this one (other than a slight glue blemish on one weapons pylon) and its primed.
References are being consulted for a colour scheme.
Fred

zenrat

I've got a problem.  The Su-25 was exported to so many countries that there is a huge number of excellent schemes to choose from.
There's a particularly attractive Peruvian scheme from aircraft used to shoot down drug aircraft but then some of the schemes used by the "stans" are good and so are some of the african ones.
The scheme used on Russian Frogfoots in Syria is tempting too but I don't have any of the latest variant of the red star.

<edited because autocorrect is a fetid heap of roadkill offal>
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Very nice - reminds me of a sleek Buccaneer, somehow? For paint scheme inspiration, Ukrainian Su-25s are worth a look, too. There is, for instance a variety of splinter/pixel schemes, and a (IMHO) very attractive wrap-around clover-leaf scheme in two olive green tones.

I also like the AAM rails under the air intakes a lot - instead of using the outermost pair as on many Su-25s.

zenrat

Thanks DIzz.
The rails under the intakes, along with a centre pylon, are standard MiG 27.
Fred