MiG 27z - NATO reporting name Flogfoot - Finished pics pg 6

Started by zenrat, February 23, 2017, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I swear I started this thread on Tuesday.

The thinking behind this on is a MiG 23 based Mud Mover without the weight and complexity of the swinging wings.
I am using the Academy MiG 27D and some wings from my wings box.

Photof**ket is refusing to load again so pics later.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

OK.  Here we go.

I've added five hardpoints under each wing.  Wings have now been permanently attached but no pics of that yet.
I'll be digging out an old copy of a modelling magazine I forget the name of which I saved specifically because it has a big feature on the Frogfoot with load of profiles.  One of which i'll use as inspiration for the paint job.

Brownie points and a big :thumbsup: to whoever correctly identifies the wings and horizontal tails.  Both the plane they are from and who made the kit.

;D
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ChernayaAkula

Really neat concept.  :thumbsup:
Would also work really well with a pointy-nosed Flogger for a Mirage F.1-ish fighter.  :mellow:

As for the wing's donor kit? My first guess was a Super Etendard, but these here have no dogtooth. So, maybe a Matchbox Mystere?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Ya those are throwing me off as well. Sure looks good tho !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 23, 2017, 03:37:27 AM

As for the wing's donor kit? My first guess was a Super Etendard, but these here have no dogtooth. So, maybe a Matchbox Mystere?

Well my first thoughts were the wings came from the orgional Etendard before it went all "superior"  ;D ? Heller/Airfix, if they did one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Nice! Reminds me a lot of a Dassault Super Étendard - but the shoulder-mounted wings add a different touch. Great idea.  :thumbsup:

Librarian

Could be an AMX...but not sure about the rear stabs :wub:. Always liked the idea of de-swinging the Flogger. Watching with interest :thumbsup:

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Snowtrooper

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 23, 2017, 03:37:27 AM
So, maybe a Matchbox Mystere?
Going with this one too. Could also be the Revell reboxing?

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Ah Moritz, you are too good.
The wings are indeed from a Mystere IV.  Strictly speaking from a chinese knock-off of the Matchbox kit.  One where they managed to soften all the engraving on the fuselage losing any detail while making all the location pins female.

I glued the intakes on today.  Boy is the fit bad.
Fred

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

zenrat

Gap filling and sanding followed by cutting crooked bits off and regluing today.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

kerick

Fill that space where the trailing edge of the wing meets the fuselage with a piece angling to the rear. Just my $0.02 worth
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise