**Top Secret Eyes Only** - Project Eternity. (Work in progress)

Started by Underworld Creeper, February 23, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underworld Creeper

Evening all,

This is my first post so I thought I better hit the ground running. Had this kit arrive today.

picture share

Been after one for a while now, but finally managed to snag one on eBay. This is my first kit for a good few years but I'm looking forward to getting stuck back in, even it does take me a while to finish (hence the project name!)

I haven't had chance to closely examine the sprues yet but I will tomorrow and I will update.

Cheers :mellow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A good start for sure, as it's a 'Whiff in a Box' already.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

Interesting to see what you do with it. ;) I've got the Testor 1/72 SR-75 Penetrator kit still sitting on a shelf that hasn't been built yet. Not sure when I'll get around to it. But when I do, I plan to build it into a B-3 hypersonic stealth bomber.  :thumbsup:  As for the XR-7 Thunder Dart kit, I managed to find that on ebay a year or two ago and used it for this Aurora Hypersonic Spyplanes diorama. The SR-75 in the picture is 1/144 scale, not 1/72.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Gondor

I did wonder if the project name reflected the estimated build period  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Welcome aboard! Yes, that's certainly a good starting point since it can't not be a whiff. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Underworld Creeper

Happy Saturday everyone,

It's blowing a gale up North today. So I'm going to spend the day in the hobby room and get around to making a start on these two.

As promised here's a quick look at both the kits.

First up, the SR-75.

post images

Okay so this model is BIG. The kit is fairly minimal, but pretty well detailed. The 3 seater cockpit has lots of buttons and instruments but the seats are pretty bland so they will be getting replaced.

The fuselage has raised panel lines as expected but im going to be sanding these off and re-scribing them. My only gripe with the fuselage is it's gonna require lots of filling, but it's no big deal.

The undercarriage (not pictured) is pretty feeble for such a large aircraft so I will be borrowing a beefier one from a 1/48 kit.

Overall though it's a decent kit, especially for one of its size!

Next up!

The XR-7

upload image online

Much like the SR-75 it's a fairly simplistic kit. However the cockpit for some reason is really basic compared to the Sr-75, so I will be replacing it with a 1/72 Aires F-117 cockpit, if I can get it too fit!

The fuselage is really nice and sleek, and won't require much filling. My only gripe is the surface mounted engines that come with the kit, but I won't be using these and I will be hiding the grooves they sit in with some
plasticard.

The undercarriage is a little better than the SR-75 on this model but it needs to be beefier so will also be getting replaced.

sandiego89

Welcome! I always wanted to do one of those kits.  I grew up in Southern California on the flight path from the coast to Edwards AFB/Palmdale and on a few late nights heard some very loud aircraft around the time of the Aurora hype, and it always had me wondering....

Looking forward to your build.

-Dave 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Devilfish

One thing I have noticed with this kit is the outriggers appear to be too far back. Yes, I know it's a made up plane, so I'm not talking from a JMN point of view, but a technical one.  They are mounted behind the main centerline wheel, which mean that on take-off and landing, they will be taking the full weight of the aircraft on their own at some point.
If I ever get one of these, I'll either move the undercarriage around, or replace it with more a conventional set-up.

KiwiZac

Excellent. I had one of these and, to my eternal regret, sold it as I thought I'd never get around to it.

Bring it on!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

king of men

I still have an SR-75 in the stash, but the XR-7 has eluded me. I always fancied putting the SR-75 into FedEx or DHL markings.
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit