JASDF F-14J Kai Samurai Cat

Started by Fishbone, March 02, 2017, 06:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 06, 2017, 07:42:15 AM
Superb work, but may I suggest smaller pics please? Your current ones are 3-4 times wider than most people's screens.

Restricting the width to 800 pixels or so fits most screens and doesn't degrade the quality all that much.

I agree. It takes so long to load these pic's that I avoid looking in unless I have nothing better to do for a while.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Wow. That's really coming along nicely ! Thanks for all the pics. Love watching and being inspired. Great stuff. Also envious of how clean and organised the work space is !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Spooky,
Great build. I usually change the design four times before I'm satisfied.

Fishbone

Decal arrived, and done decal application same day. I also use 1/100 gundam stencils for better size contrast. Spent like 5 hours for the decals, done 90% and will be continue tonight for undercarriage section.

McColm

Wow,
The attention to detail is amazing!

zenrat

Stencilling like that drive me potty.
Looks good though.
And it's nice to have decent sized pics.
:thumbsup:

Did you ever consider doing it is different colours?  Say using reds instead of blues for example?
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That's looking really good. I wonder if the Grumman guys went mad putting all the stencils on too?

The decal sheet must have MASSIVE!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Fishbone

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2017, 02:06:34 AM
That's looking really good. I wonder if the Grumman guys went mad putting all the stencils on too?

The decal sheet must have MASSIVE!  ;D

Oh, no the decal sheet is just A5 sized and those stencils are still 70% left when I finish the decal application.

Fishbone

Hello, just finished the F-14J, it's an OOB on Academy F-14A kit and custom decals. Now it's time for some photos!

And some photos with her brother - VF-2 F-14D Super Tomcat "Bounty Hunter"

This Academy kit is a good kit for you to practice and training lol, I don't want to blame Academy for my poor skills but still I want you guys to know that this kit is really sucks. Poor fitting on canopy, undercarriage (a lot of problems here) and also those antenna on the back of fuselage, they doesn't like the Hobbyboss one which they make those antenna one piece with the fuselage but you need to glue them one by one, which it maybe detach when you touch it without your knowledge.

Old Wombat

Awesome build, Fishbone! Stunning! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Snowtrooper