Started by Fishbone, March 02, 2017, 06:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

GIHHHHLORIOUS. 

I love it!!    :bow: :bow: :bow: :drink: :cheers: :party:

-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

very nice job  :thumbsup: 
I will ask though, why 2 different engine nozzle's?,  is it just to show one at full extension, and one at full retraction?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Fishbone

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 13, 2017, 03:01:48 PM
very nice job  :thumbsup: 
I will ask though, why 2 different engine nozzle's?,  is it just to show one at full extension, and one at full retraction?

The system can be manipulated manually on the ground during the course of maintenance and/or testing, resulting in different nozzle configurations. You'll see Tomcats with one open & one closed, both open and both closed.

Based on those article and many in service photos aboard carriers, It appears that it would be more accurate to make the nozzles open and closed. As for maintenance that may affect nozzle position, most likely it would include post maintenance engine runs, rigging and trim. One would have to believe that normal engine shut down procedures would be followed.

Snowtrooper

One open and one closed nozzle was actually the result of a normal engine shutdown, not maintenance or testing. Modelling a parked Cat with both nozzles in the same position would actually be inaccurate, unless it's for maintenance or testing ;D More detailed explanation here:
http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-engine.htm

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:
thanks for the info folks.   neat!
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Fishbone

Hi guys,

Done some photoshop job yesterday...blending the F-14D and F-14J into one. By the way the decal for 1/72nd scale will be available soon.  :mellow:

Captain Canada

Woah what a good looking piece of machinery ! Love it in blue. And for sure all of the details and wee stencils really bring out the realism in her. Love the weapons load as well. All bombed up is always my favourite way to go ! Love the comparison pics with her USN counterpart.

:wub: :bow: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

FAR148

wacek85

ASTONISHING! One of the best I've ever seen!

yamath

Fishbone

Hello, time for some tarmac base for this plane to parking!

28cm x 18cm.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Very nice indeed, that is excellent work! :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Scooterman