Cosford Show 2nd April 2017

Started by Weaver, March 15, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Unless I'm much mistaken there isn't a thread for this one yet.

Cosford Show 2nd April 2017

I'm going - who else is?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

Despite the museum ordering a reduction in the size of the show, the IPMS Shropshire boys confirmed that we have space.

Make the most of this show people. I got the impresion from the Shropshire commitee member I was talking to at the Crewe show, that the Museams Hendon based management are trying to kill off the show. Just like they did at Hendon it self. (one museam, two sites, one management team)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I'll try to be there for that one, one of the best shows.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Can't make it unfortunately. Shame as it's a good show, but does need at least one night away, more likely two, so can work out a tad expensive.

Quote from: Martin H on March 15, 2017, 04:20:19 PM

Make the most of this show people. I got the impresion from the Shropshire commitee member I was talking to at the Crewe show, that the Museams Hendon based management are trying to kill off the show. Just like they did at Hendon it self. (one museam, two sites, one management team)

I think you may be right Martin, which is a shame. Strange that the Tank Museum just had their first model show. Obviously more enlightened.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Radish

I'm there and will make a noise. :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on March 18, 2017, 06:17:32 AM
I'm there and will make a noise. :wacko: :wacko:

I'd be disappointed if you didn't!  ;D

Are you going to Milton Keynes by any chance?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Martin H

Thanks to Richard Brooker (he of Coventry & Warks, and our merry gang)tipping me off.  I now know were our stand is.

We are in the same place we were in last year. IE, infront of the starboard wing of the DH Comet I down in Hanger 1.
We only have two tables this time. so not as much space as we have become accustomed to. (I didnt ask for three, which would have ment I would have had to pay for the third).

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I'll bring my usual varied bunch of models with me, some small, some large.

Should I bring all three PR19s and park the 'b' version over in the corner of the hall where everyone seems to think it is? All in honour of it likely being the last such show of course.   ;) ;D <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on March 22, 2017, 03:56:42 PM
Thanks to Richard Brooker (he of Coventry & Warks, and our merry gang)tipping me off.  I now know were our stand is.

We are in the same place we were in last year. IE, infront of the starboard wing of the DH Comet I down in Hanger 1.
We only have two tables this time. so not as much space as we have become accustomed to. (I didnt ask for three, which would have ment I would have had to pay for the third).

Cheers Martin - it's a bit more of an effort to run round looking for the stand than at the average venue.

As a matter of interest, what would it have cost for the third table?

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

What's the timings for this show please? And I presume we're paying to park again, despite the fact that we ARE the show?

I'm staying with #2 daughter the previous night so I can get there quite early this year.

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

i'll be there with Richard.

not sure what in the way of models i'll bring though.

Steel Penguin! don't forget the Chocolate Mini-Rolls!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Steel Penguin

Howard if I am in attendance they will be there  :thumbsup:
and Jaffa cakes for OGL as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

I'll bring some Eccles cakes if anyone fancies some?

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2017, 12:05:43 PM
I'll bring some Eccles cakes if anyone fancies some?

Mmmm! yes please  -----  damn it, I can't make it though   ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike