Cosford Show 2nd April 2017

Started by Weaver, March 15, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

most information ref the show is HERE

How ever it omits the set up times. But I suspect the gates will be open for set up around 8am. 
Show and Museum opems to joe public at 10am, the show closes at 1600, and doors finaly close at 1800.

And yes with out exception we all pay to park. Blame the RAFM management for contracting out their parking. Who in turn will blame HM Government for not letting them charge for entry.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on March 26, 2017, 01:32:00 PM

And yes with out exception we all pay to park. Blame the RAFM management for contracting out their parking. Who in turn will blame HM Government for not letting them charge for entry.

Thanks OGL, and I'm ALREADY blaming them, have no fear.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 26, 2017, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2017, 12:05:43 PM
I'll bring some Eccles cakes if anyone fancies some?

Mmmm! yes please  -----  damn it, I can't make it though   ;D

I'll e-mail you one...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on April 01, 2017, 06:33:28 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on March 26, 2017, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2017, 12:05:43 PM
I'll bring some Eccles cakes if anyone fancies some?

Mmmm! yes please  -----  damn it, I can't make it though   ;D

I'll e-mail you one...

;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

right  mini rolls and Jaffa cakes are purchased.  :thumbsup:
harriers packed, as is the dropship, scooby do gang,  the Liberator / Scorpio crew, and a couple of other bits.
ive got some cash if I see anything utterly irresistible, ( but unless there pretty much giving it away I shall probably resist)
ready for tomorrow ,
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

I'm currently sorting out sale kits. I was 'currently' sorting out Eccles Cakes 'cos there's no other way to sort out an Eccles Cake really, but I've finished now.

Mind you, I very nearly wasn't going, since I went to an event in Stockport town centre last night and managed to get my car locked into a car park for the night... :banghead: Went down VERY early this morning to get it back before it accrued a penalty charge and was pleased to discover that the whole incident had cost me nothing at all!  :mellow: :lol:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

whew  Weaver, that's a close run thing  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

Well im not that far from cosford. Im down the road in Telford. At the International hotel alongside the venue for Scale Model World of all places.

Ive just spent a pleasant evening in the company of the Venrable Mike McEvoy over at his hotel. A very civilized evening, with plenty of brain storming as we eat.
Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

Nor me either, I'm at RAF Shawbury staying over with daughter #2 (She's the RAF's Best Air Traffic etc etc............... ;D) so I'm about 30 mins driving time away. I should be there by 8.30 with luck.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TsrJoe

how was the show, any piccies of the models on display :)
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Weaver

Show was great, more relaxed than other times I've been to Cosford, although that was partly because finances meant I wasn't shopping hard. I'm afraid I didn't take any pics, but I know others did.

We got a donation too. A gentlemen came up to the stand and gave us a Scottish Air Force L-39 in a state of disrepair! I put it back together with my repair kit and put it on the stand. I'll post some pics of it later.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

This is the Scottish L-39 Albatross that was donated to us and fixed up a little by yours truly (two wheels were off it, the canopies were the wrong way round and the rear one wouldn't sit right because the ejector seat wouldn't sit down in the tub without trimming).

What I can't find in any of my boxes is the wooden base it came on. Did somebody else pick it up?

- Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on April 03, 2017, 04:07:54 AM
I'm afraid I didn't take any pics, but I know others did.

Neither did I as I had forgotten to pack my camera.  :banghead:
I think our resident penquin (of the steel verarity) took some shots, maybe he might be able to post up some of his pics.  :thumbsup: Or who ever it was on the stand who had a camera with em........................
Unfortunately,

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on April 03, 2017, 11:56:38 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 03, 2017, 04:07:54 AM
I'm afraid I didn't take any pics, but I know others did.

Neither did I as I had forgotten to pack my camera.  :banghead:
I think our resident penquin (of the steel verarity) took some shots, maybe he might be able to post up some of his pics.  :thumbsup: Or who ever it was on the stand who had a camera with em........................

Pretty sure Kit had his camera out at one point.

Did you pick up the wooden base for the L-39 by any chance?

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

It was my camera, yes, and I did take some pics of the stand which will appear on here later this evening with luck.

If I can stay awake, that is.............

Regards
Kit