More piccies from SMW 2004

Started by nev, November 21, 2004, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Mistel, Wallace and Grommit style
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Note Shaun the Sheep on the wingtip doing re-fuelling duties  :D  

nev

Star Wars Episode 1 - well, anything is better than Jar Jar eh?

nev

Last one - wallace and grommit go Nosferatu.  I really like this one, its got a lot of style  :)  

nev

OK kiddies, thats me done for 2004.  Several things struck me at this years nats

1)  The huge queue of non-members waiting over an hour to pay to get in (including me).  The IPMS committee needs to be asking itself why this many people are willing to come to the nationals, yet won't join the IPMS UK.  I wonder just how many non-members attended vs members.  Perhaps someone could ask at the next AGM .

2)  The proliferation of SIGs.  There seemed to be loads of em this year.  As well as the usual suspects (quarter scale, gulf war, what if etc) there were loads of new ones - I could have easily joined half a dozen SIGs on Saturday  :D

3)  The increasing numbers of what ifs.  Several of us picked up on this, virtually every table seemed to have at least one what if or "funny" as Rad would call them, on display, often more.  I do think we are becoming increasing popular.  And next year with the TSR2..........

4)  The great time I had.  From the moment I arrived at the stand and Geoff and Lee blurted out the great news I had a fantastic time looking at the displays, perusing the various retail outlets and generally chewing the fat with the lads from this site.  A fantastic day all round  :cheers:

And I haven't even mentioned Nick, or should that be Queen Scout?  :P  

Ollie

Geoff_B

QuoteHu ... Can anyone post a bigger, better ..... picture of this:

The Fairey GOR.339 !!!!!

This help Dieno ?

Captain Canada

Woah.....is that thing ever cool ! What the heck is it ? A VSTOL bird ?

Man, I need to get those British projects books.......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

QuoteWoah.....is that thing ever cool ! What the heck is it ? A VSTOL bird ?

Man, I need to get those British projects books.......

Yes you do need to get the books as the First of the Soviet series has just be released.

And no the Fairey GOR339 is not VTOL, its just the Fairey design for the Canberra replacement that lead to the TSR-2. Model was crtach built by yours truely and i shall do an article for Tom in the near future. (You may have noticed a distinct drop off in UK input as we have been doing projects for SMW. Now thats been successfully completed new pictures of new models should be forthcomong in th next few months).

Cheers

Geoff B

(And no i don't need the resin kit back......not with a dozen Airfix ones pre-ordered - almost...)

Martin H

QuoteThis Argentine Typhoon was my favourite model on the What If stand, fantastic!  :wub:

No one seemed to know whose it was  :(
Steve Hess from IPMS LIncoln
And the Luftwaffe thing is a BV 155.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Swamphen

QuoteThis damaged Enterprise was entered in one of the contests....
That's not an Enterprise. That's an Akira-class heavy cruiser...

Captain Canada

(And no i don't need the resin kit back......not with a dozen Airfix ones pre-ordered - almost...)
But, but......you've built two of every flavour already........what are you gonna do with another dozen ?

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

Great work there fellas, great work indeed!  Does anyone have any pics of that navalized Canberra in the background?  That looks very interesting!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Captain Canada

QuoteThis lovely sea Crusader belongs to Radish
Is that ever  cool..........nicest Crusader I've yet seen !  

Which kit and scale ?

I've only done the Fuji piece of poo-poo in 72nd scale, and it looks nothing like that one !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?