YF-23 Black Widow - FINISHED!

Started by DogfighterZen, March 19, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 03, 2017, 04:21:34 PM

........ now i can really get into PSR.

And that's a GOOD thing?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

PSR clears your kit, and your mind!  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 04, 2017, 02:20:57 AM

But not your emphysema...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2017, 01:59:54 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 03, 2017, 04:21:34 PM

........ now i can really get into PSR.

And that's a GOOD thing?  :-\

;D Doesn't have to be bad... Don't forget that you're talking to the fool who sculpted an F-16's DSI intake, and even tried to extend it's wings, with Tamiya grey putty... ;D

Sure does, it's therapeutic, and i do find it rewarding when i finish a heavy duty PSR job and it looks ok, but obviously, i can find it boring at times.

Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2017, 02:37:40 AM

But not your emphysema...

No worries there, i use a mask for heavy sanding work, learned that before i got into modelling cause before i became a gardening singer ;D ,i worked at a couple of carpentry jobs and that got me aware of the quantity of dust flying around that we don't even know we're inhaling. :o

Anyway, it won't be a real heavy PSR job on this one, the tails will be easy, the stabilators will require the most work, the rest are the gaps from the kit's bad fit on the wings' underside and weapons bay doors which, hopefully, will be taken care of tonight.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Reshaped the intakes and applied putty all over...

Also managed to spill a drink on my laptop and now there are a few letters that don't work... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Back in the old days when Mrs z and I worked in the same office she was IT Manager and SOP for a drink spill on a keyboard was to unplug it and rinse it out under a tap and then let it air dry.
IIRC the worst thing was hot drinks with sugar in as the sugar gummed up the works.
I wouldn't try rinsing out your laptop though.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2017, 05:59:41 PM
Back in the old days when Mrs z and I worked in the same office she was IT Manager and SOP for a drink spill on a keyboard was to unplug it and rinse it out under a tap and then let it air dry.
IIRC the worst thing was hot drinks with sugar in as the sugar gummed up the works.
I wouldn't try rinsing out your laptop though.

Probably wont be a good solution for me...  ;D It sucks, lost quite a few letters, have to get it fixed. Using the Windows mouse keyboard on the screen, takes forever to write anything. I'll have to reduce my comments to smileys till it's fixed. :banghead:

zenrat

Can you borrow a USB keyboard from someone?  That'll work as an interim.  Plug it into on of the USB ports on your laptop and Robert is your father's brother.

Fred

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 08, 2017, 03:47:36 AM
Can you borrow a USB keyboard from someone?  That'll work as an interim.  Plug it into on of the USB ports on your laptop and Robert is your father's brother.

Been thinking of that, this really sucks and will be a while before it's fixed! :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 08, 2017, 03:47:36 AM

I do that with my laptop all the time, and USB keyboards are quite cheap, the Logitech one I use only costs £10-12.

You may have to go into the BIOS or somewhere else and disable he main keyboard though. Perhaps the 'Device Manager' on a Windoze PC?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Well, still haven't bought a usb keyboard and haven't done a lot but at least the first layer of putty has been applied on the YF-23 on every spot required, even inside the intakes. Just have to mentally prepare myself for the job. :rolleyes: ;D

TheChronicOne

But you like PSR so you'll do fine. I do too, some times, but sometimes it just pisses me off.  :angry: :angry: ;D ;D

Looking good!! Like the F-35, I've been trying to get ahold of one of these when I find a good one for the right price. Been getting inspired.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 14, 2017, 03:17:31 AM
But you like PSR so you'll do fine. I do too, some times, but sometimes it just pisses me off.  :angry: :angry: ;D ;D

Looking good!! Like the F-35, I've been trying to get ahold of one of these when I find a good one for the right price. Been getting inspired.

:thumbsup: It'll be ok. I have to admit i'm in a modern jets phase myself, thinking of starting an F-22 and another F-16... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

TheChronicOne

:lol:

Man, can't have too many F-16s but I'd like to see a Raptor built up.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Maybe do that one first.  ;D

As far as that goes... I think my entire time here at WIM I haven't seen anyone build one. . .  :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 14, 2017, 05:56:18 AM

Man, can't have too many F-16s......

Oh yes you can, one would be too many for me! I really detest the spikey things!  :banghead:

But they make good donors for weird shaped bits for other models though.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit