YF-23 Black Widow - FINISHED!

Started by DogfighterZen, March 19, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Thanks!  My guys would normally look way too pale.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

:thumbsup: Oh, the fuselage is already glued together... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 23, 2017, 04:38:59 PM

He's a mad man!!   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 23, 2017, 05:05:41 PM

He's a mad man!!   ;D ;D

Like Iggy said: "Ooooh yeah, i'm a wild one...!" ;D

And after some preliminary undercarriage tests, i've found that i'll need to use the empty weapons bay for some permanent weight storage application... no problem cause i wasn't going to display it open anyway...

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 24, 2017, 12:36:56 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 23, 2017, 05:05:41 PM

He's a mad man!!   ;D ;D

Like Iggy said: "Ooooh yeah, i'm a wild one...!" ;D

And after some preliminary undercarriage tests, i've found that i'll need to use the empty weapons bay for some permanent weight storage application... no problem cause i wasn't going to display it open anyway...

Good deal. You know.. I wonder, ....  just how many people glue them shut but go on ahead and put the weapons in there anyway.   ;D

I  mean... people fully finish bomber interiors that are never seen after closed up so.... ..   :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 24, 2017, 07:43:21 AM
Good deal. You know.. I wonder, ....  just how many people glue them shut but go on ahead and put the weapons in there anyway.   ;D

I  mean... people fully finish bomber interiors that are never seen after closed up so.... ..   :o ;D

I've thought of that myself, cause when i got the Academy F-35, back in 2014, i thought i could build it with closed weapon bays and use the weapons on other builds so, i wondered how many would put weapons in there even with closed bays... :rolleyes:
That's why i bought more kits of this fighter, the F-22/-35, so i could do both open and closed bays builds.

Re the YF-23, working on the exhaust area right now...

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 23, 2017, 04:00:25 PM
Thanks!  My guys would normally look way too pale.

I have multiracial crews.
The standard "flesh" paint description seems to mean white northern european racial origin.
Tan is good for sub continentals.  Add a touch of yellow as you move east.  Add browns to move West.
Wooden Deck Tan is good for tanned white folks.  Add a touch of red if you want them to look like they've been in the sun too long.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Well, after another week of hard work under the sun, i managed to do some work and this is the result...

Cut out the notches on the wingroots/fuselage for the stabilators and glued them in place...

Then i checked and marked the spot for each tail and glued them on, too... had to get the canopy on for a quick look check... :wub:

Now, PSR begins...

zenrat

These things always look to me like a giant kid trimmed the wings with a pair of scissors.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2017, 05:32:14 PM

These things always look to me like a giant kid trimmed the wings with a pair of scissors.

All aircraft look like that to me, well, most of them anyway.  ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 28, 2017, 10:27:05 PM
Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2017, 05:32:14 PM

All aircraft look like that to me, well, most of them anyway.  ;D ;D ;D

I think all planes are created by big kids... ;D
Today i took another look at the model to see if the tails were really well aligned with the proper angles and had to reactivate the glue on the right tail to move it a couple of millimeters. It's hard to get the tails aligned cause there are no reference points or panel lines to help but now i think they're ok.

zenrat

If they are not quite aligned right then careful photo choice when showing us the beauty pics means we'll never know.
For example, the wings on my cut down Lancaster have slightly different dihedral on each side but you'd never know it looking at the pics I posted.   ;D
Fred

TheChronicOne

Someone.... somewhere...   is rolling over in their grave over this. ^    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2017, 06:28:19 AM
If they are not quite aligned right then careful photo choice when showing us the beauty pics means we'll never know.
For example, the wings on my cut down Lancaster have slightly different dihedral on each side but you'd never know it looking at the pics I posted.   ;D

;D
Quite a good trick for tail sitters on which you forgot to put weight in the nose, too...  :angel: :wacko: ;D
Gladly, this one won't be needing any of that, the tails are now firmly glued in the right positions and the weight issue has already been taken care of...

DogfighterZen

Well, finally got something done, not much but it's a small step forward, now i can really get into PSR.