Grumman FB-2G Grebe - FINISHED - pic's pg.10

Started by Old Wombat, March 21, 2017, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Right! Getting to a point where photo's should follow in a couple of days.

Had to rebuild the landing gear (a measurement error meant they were too short).

Wheel wells are done, floats & struts are done, wings & tail are on, comm's dome fitted to the tail & EPIRB/PLB locator domes fitted to the wings.

Still a tiny bit of PSR & some odds-&-ends to be fitted, then I'll hit it with a coat of grey primer & take some photo's.

Thanks for your patience! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

goody, goody, goody,

In the words of Blackboard from Mr Squiggle.. Hurry Up, Hurry up :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Photo's:

There is still some touch-up & fix-up work to be done (primer's good like that :rolleyes: ) but, pretty much, ready for the (very basic) paint scheme.

Decals are another issue. Printing my own has become a non-event. I may be able to wing it with what I have, though. We'll see.

She's going to be a "Royal Australian Navy Coast Guard" SAR bird.

Cheers! :cheers:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Now that does look nice Guy   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Looking VERY impressive, specially the main landing gear and wells etc.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Where to start on this one ? First off, sorry I haven't been checking in ! The name makes me think of an inter-war biplane and I keep thinking I've seen the finished product, obviously thinking of a different thread. Secondly, wow. And wow, Whif of the year candidate right there ! What a kit combo !
    I've just saved every pic from this thread to a file, and would love to try this one day. Just looks so right ! As soon as I grow my other arm back I'm going to do some testing at 72nd scale ( more fun to play with  :thumbsup: ) using a Monogram Albatross.

:wub: :bow: :cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Librarian

:o :o... :wub: :wub:.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phenomenal :bow:

I can only hope to aspire to your level.

ericr

DogfighterZen

Man, i've been missing out on another one... :banghead:
Had to go back lthough i'm not a big fan of the type of plane, that is looking great, excellent work for sure!! :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Thank you very much, guys! :bow:

DfZ; I'm not much of a flyingboat/seaplane/amphibian fan, myself - with the exception of the Sunderland & the Catalina - but this combo just called out to me, so I built it. ;D

zenrat

I want to build a Sunderland Amphibian one day.  Completely RW apart from the undercarriage.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
I want to build a Sunderland Amphibian one day.  Completely RW apart from the undercarriage.

Pretty sure kitnut617's onto that one already. ;)

Mossie

Great work, keep her coming! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.