Grumman FB-2G Grebe - FINISHED - pic's pg.10

Started by Old Wombat, March 21, 2017, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 09, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
I want to build a Sunderland Amphibian one day.  Completely RW apart from the undercarriage.

Pretty sure kitnut617's onto that one already. ;)

I thought I had a thread running here, but I can't find it. But this is all I could find of the build

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,36799.msg594690.html#msg594690

EDIT:  I remember now why there isn't a build thread, PhotoBucket was giving so much trouble when I was downloading the pics I gave up on it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Thanks, gents! Much appreciated! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

b29r

Just tuning back in after a too long absence, and what do I see?  This kitbash is inspired and well executed, and I will be hanging around to see how she turns out.  Well done!

jalles

I have to agree with what everyone's already said, outstanding work!

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 09, 2017, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 09, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
I want to build a Sunderland Amphibian one day.  Completely RW apart from the undercarriage.

Pretty sure kitnut617's onto that one already. ;)

I thought I had a thread running here, but I can't find it. But this is all I could find of the build

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,36799.msg594690.html#msg594690

EDIT:  I remember now why there isn't a build thread, PhotoBucket was giving so much trouble when I was downloading the pics I gave up on it.

I remember this now.  It's very good.  What happened to it?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thanks, b29r & jalles! Appreciated! :bow:

chrisonord

That is superb, one of my favourites this is, as I do like flying boats  :wub:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

b29r

And  . . .  speaking of flying boats . . .  been rolling around the possibility of kitbashing an airfix PBY hull with the airfix B-24.  Your build here reminded me of that  :mellow:  Looking forward to more of the Grebe.
Best regards,
Kem

zenrat

Quote from: b29r on June 12, 2017, 11:02:40 AM
And  . . .  speaking of flying boats . . .  been rolling around the possibility of kitbashing an airfix PBY hull with the airfix B-24.  Your build here reminded me of that  :mellow:  Looking forward to more of the Grebe.
Best regards,
Kem

Oooh, interesting idea.  You'd use the Lib wings I hope.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Now I'm checking in too much lol

Another flying boat GB sounds in order  :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Thanks guys! :bow:

I'm working on the paint scheme & masking at the moment - one of my pet hates. :-\

Best regards,
Kem

Weird idea (he says, like crossing a Sunderland & a Tracker isn't :rolleyes: ) but it'd be interesting to see! :thumbsup:

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 13, 2017, 09:03:46 AM
Best regards,
Kem

Weird idea (he says, like crossing a Sunderland & a Tracker isn't :rolleyes: ) but it'd be interesting to see! :thumbsup:

Might fix all the leaks that caused Consolidated to turn the Liberator into a bomber. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

haha Good one ! " Could you please stop opening the bomb doors we're trying to remain afloat ! "
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?