Main Menu

Planes in Strange Places

Started by TheChronicOne, March 25, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 19, 2018, 12:46:19 AM
Serigrafika PubblicitĂ , graphics and screenprint business in Sassari, Italy.

Different pics on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/serigrafikapubblicita/

Someone tall enough could lose an eye!  :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

:o

strangely, the walls have a different finish on the two pictures

NARSES2

I'm still trying to come to grips with what Health and Safety's response to that would be in the U.K. indeed in much of Europe ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 19, 2018, 07:06:42 AM
I'm still trying to come to grips with what Health and Safety's response to that would be in the U.K. indeed in much of Europe ?  ;D

The point appears to be painted hi-viz orange.  A tennis ball on the end of the spike would probably be sufficient
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on January 19, 2018, 10:06:04 AM

The point appears to be painted hi-viz orange.  A tennis ball on the end of the spike would probably be sufficient

Maybe in the 60's/70's, but now ? Doubt it if my local councils H&S departments behaviour is anything to go by  :banghead:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

That is so funny Chris, that was exactly my first thought when I saw Jon's pics of it. See how 'conditioned' we've all been made ----  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 20, 2018, 06:47:57 AM

That is so funny Chris, that was exactly my first thought when I saw Jon's pics of it. See how 'conditioned' we've all been made ----  ;D

Zer Indoktrination iss Verkink!

Bad Eastern European Accent Mode off...

Captain Canada

Is that ever neat ! What a surprise that would be.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 20, 2018, 02:34:09 AM
Quote from: Rheged on January 19, 2018, 10:06:04 AM

Maybe in the 60's/70's, but now ? Doubt it if my local councils H&S departments behaviour is anything to go by  :banghead:  ;)

Safe access and egress, it's top level Health and Safety at Work Act stuff without getting into any of the umbrella regs.  If someone got hurt, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I had to do a NEBOSH course for a H&S role I used to do (fortunately managed to ditch it a few months ago), 3 months of my life I won't get back.  That's the time the that relates to my self imposed 'ban' Chris!  Horrible course.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on February 22, 2018, 02:12:54 AM

I had to do a NEBOSH course for a H&S role I used to do (fortunately managed to ditch it a few months ago), 3 months of my life I won't get back.  That's the time the that relates to my self imposed 'ban' Chris!  Horrible course.

I know we talked about it at Hudders mate, but I didn't realise it was 3 months. Wondered what the "ban" was for, now I know  :thumbsup:

Longest course I ever did was 1 month - Basic metallurgy for non metallurgists. Last one B.S.C. ran

TheChronicOne

El Avion Bar And Restaurant Manuel Antonio Costa Rica:

Seems to make sense that a Provider would be turned into a restaurant.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That looks like the scene from Air America when they 'parked' one of their aircraft inside a shed, but I think it was a Turbo Porter in the film.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
That looks like the scene from Air America when they 'parked' one of their aircraft inside a shed, but I think it was a Turbo Porter in the film.

IIRC, RDJ and Gibson parked their Turbo Porter inside a previously shot down Air America C-123
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on July 08, 2018, 04:32:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2018, 04:23:02 AM

IIRC, RDJ and Gibson parked their Turbo Porter inside a previously shot down Air America C-123

Even better!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That Costa Rican bar looks like an illustration ?

I have been in at least one bar that was converted from an aircraft, but be b'd if I can remember where  :banghead: