Main Menu

Planes in Strange Places

Started by TheChronicOne, March 25, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Them's them "filters" and stuff they like to use these days. I think they went OVERBOARD on these.   ;D    The first one is a panorama shot which makes it look a little weird because it's up close but the hazy stuff and... color correction or whatever they tried is a bit much. I'd rather just a plain ol' picture if it's not terrible.

-Sprues McDuck-

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 08, 2018, 04:44:36 AM
That Costa Rican bar looks like an illustration ?

Just some adjustment of colour levels in your favourite flavor of image editing software.

NARSES2

Cheers lads.....showing my age I suppose  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

I turned 31 a couple of days ago and I completely agree - that level of filter/whatever is ridiculous! What a cool establishment, though.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rick Lowe

There's a DC3 up the line from me, which is now a tearoom...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/flightliner/12717936494/

though she's looking better, now she's lost her 'Cookietime' paintjob...  :o

TheChronicOne

That's killer! I actually really like that livery. These current airliner ad firms could take a lesson from this.  ;D 

I had to look up that cookie time:

Damn, now I'm hungry!!!!  And.... call me crazy but that would make some rather effective desert/harsh terrain camo in certain regions!  ;D ;D ;D     I mean, Desert Storm camo wasn't called "chocolate chip" for nothin'.  ;D

This reminds me, there's a DC-10 turned restaraunt in Ghana:

Airline pilot blogger type said he ate there and it was pretty good and of course who wouldn't want to climb way the hell up in a DC-10 and hang out? It's recently be re-painted to look more like how it used to.

The restaraunt in 2002 in Dusseldorf:

-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 13, 2018, 11:04:13 AM
That's killer! I actually really like that livery. These current airliner ad firms could take a lesson from this.  ;D 

I had to look up that cookie time:

Damn, now I'm hungry!!!!  And.... call me crazy but that would make some rather effective desert/harsh terrain camo in certain regions!  ;D ;D ;D     I mean, Desert Storm camo wasn't called "chocolate chip" for nothin'.  ;D

OK, You're Crazy! (well, you did ask...)
Yeah, once you lose the Corporate logos, it would be a pretty effective camouflage - or at least it'd stop people shooting at you, by making them head out for a snack!  ;D

Now let me give you this:

https://cookietime.co.nz/

... you're welcome! And I can recommend the Triple Chocolate and Apricot & Chocolate Chip varieties... nom nom!  :thumbsup:

kerick

I'm hungry now dammit!!
(Trundles of to the kitchen)
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I have eaten in a bar/cafe that had been converted from a Dakota fuselage, but I'll be **** if I can remember where ??? I'm gradually sorting old photos out so might come across it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

I've drunk beer and eaten here, the Airplane Restaurant in Colorado Springs:
http://www.solosrestaurant.com

TheChronicOne

That's great!  CO Springs is one of the coolest places in the U.S.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

The convo, probably, with the AAFES manager and staff: "Hey, we've got these ceiling fans in a line...and they kind of look like C-130 props.  Let's add a scale nose section and make it look like its crashing coming out of the ceiling..."
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng