Spot-On Designs models

Started by TsrJoe, April 02, 2017, 02:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Quote from: kitbasher on April 27, 2017, 07:23:09 AM
P1128 for me please (needs to be mail order though)

Same for me :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

I can certainly see a Predator in my future, what a cracker!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vlamgat

Martin H

At Joe & Sid's request, I transported this one down to Coventry from Glasgow to join the Armstrong Whitworth projects display at the Midland Air Museum.
The museum were not expecting it, and were very gratefull for the donation.

Quote from: TsrJoe on April 24, 2017, 08:58:41 AM
first one to escape captivity by colleague Sid Ellerington ...
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Fudge

Hi
I would be very interested in obtaining one of your 1/72 BAC Mustard spacecraft when they are available, is there an approximate release date and guide price please?
I would also like the same information for the OR 9001 spacecraft if possible
Many thanks
Alan

TsrJoe

Hi Alan, the Mustard glider has undergone some tweaking based upon obtaining better drawings of the design. OR.9001 'space fighter' and AW. Pyramid are already available, I think we are down to last 10 of each in the run.

I have not sorted out the vacuform fuselage mouldings for the full size MUSTARD shuttle vehicle (I have decided to use vacuforming with resin details to try keep costs down) the little CREST. re-entry vehicle is also awaiting casting along with its Black Arrow launch vehicle

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Vlamgat

Can I add an OR9001 to my request for a P1128...

Freightdog862

Hi Joe, I'd be interested in a P.1128 when you have some stock. Thanks.

Colin

Fudge

Hi
I was wondering if the Vacform 1/72  BAC Mustard will be available soon?
Many thanks
Alan

TsrJoe

Hi Alan, iv been reshaping my original master for Mustard based upon a set of inboard profiles received which showed a slight shape discrepancy, subtle but annoying. hopefully it will be ready for vaccing soon tho :)

I see Mel at SM Models has taken receipt of 3D printed masters for Mustard, not sure release date as yet or accuracy of shape, might be expensive tho if resin ?

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on February 08, 2018, 03:18:14 AM

I see Mel at SM Models has taken receipt of 3D printed masters for Mustard, not sure release date as yet or accuracy of shape, might be expensive tho if resin ?

And heavy too.  :o

Will the Scott-Furlong Predator be on the stock list Joe?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TsrJoe

Predator I am just sorting out instructions, canopies and hopefully a new venture for me ... decals, :)
I have subcontracted the casting of this one (I enjoy making masters but the casting part is a different matter) so should have at least have an initial batch ready for distribution soon :)

resins@spotondesigns.info

The Wooksta!

Conversely, I enjoy the casting.  The moulding I find tedious and messy.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Fudge

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the Mustard vacform
Regards
Alan

TsrJoe

just getting around to setting up sales pages for the relaunch ...    https://www.facebook.com/SpotonDesignsUK/    and     https://spotondesigns.info/

I am deliberately not activating the sales function on the site until I have stock levels of the various kits and accessories which is currently underway

cheers, Joe