2017/2018 Group Build Schedule and Poll - Provisional

Started by NARSES2, April 03, 2017, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2017, 07:12:00 AM
Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2017, 06:14:59 AM
Great War GB.  I really think we should have one by the 100 year anniversary of the armistice.

I actually have a note in my diary to run a Great War Commemoration GB as an "extra" Group Build to run alongside the normal 3 plus the One Week GB in 2018 Mossie. It would run for the whole year in the background. That was the plan anyway.

I'll sort the Poll for this seasons out over the course of the weekend and it will run for 2 weeks.

Chris

Chris, It's possibly just me being a stupid pedant again, but should a Great War Commemoration Group build this year really finish***very strictly*** at 11am GMT on 11th November? Entries to be submitted before the two minutes silence that I hope we will all be able to observe, wherever we are.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

crudebuteffective

Quote from: kitbasher on April 09, 2017, 09:15:05 AM
An 'I couldn't afford a [insert kit name] so I built my own out of a [insert donor kit name]' GB?

Not a 101% conversion of one type to another (e.g. years ago I recall seeing in a magazine a conversion of a Grumman F-11 into a Supermarine Swift), but rather a build that turns one thing into an approximation or caricature of another, like the F-16 turned into (ish) an Angel Interceptor and shown at 2011's SMW.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/NARSES2/Models004-1.jpg - pic by NARSES2

this could be an "as used in the films" GB where one thing is used  to represent another
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

The Wooksta!

You mean like this?

Been there, still doing it...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Glenn Gilbertson

Quote from: Rheged on April 11, 2017, 08:07:51 AM
Great War GB.  I really think we should have one by the 100 year anniversary of the armistice.

I actually have a note in my diary to run a Great War Commemoration GB as an "extra" Group Build to run alongside the normal 3 plus the One Week GB in 2018 Mossie. It would run for the whole year in the background. That was the plan anyway.

I'll sort the Poll for this seasons out over the course of the weekend and it will run for 2 weeks.

Chris

Chris, It's possibly just me being a stupid pedant again, but should a Great War Commemoration Group build this year really finish***very strictly*** at 11am GMT on 11th November? Entries to be submitted before the two minutes silence that I hope we will all be able to observe, wherever we are.

IMHO its not pedantic, but right  -  one GB for which no extension would be appropriate.

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on April 11, 2017, 10:19:25 AM

Chris

IMHO its not pedantic, but right  -  one GB for which no extension would be appropriate.

FULLY AGREE
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Hobbes

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 09, 2017, 09:05:20 AM
Thanks but what I meant was were they called Hi-Res lenses. I got something in the back of my head which I can't quite remember what the word was. I thought resolution was digital orientated

No, resolution is a widely used word in the analog world as well.

Remember the old TV test images:

One of the items in this test is a series of lines that are placed closer together from left to right. This is how analog resolution is determined: the closest pitch at which you can still discern two lines instead of them blurring together.

For aerial photography, it's often expressed as the size of the smallest feature you can still recognize.

NARSES2

Quote from: crudebuteffective on April 11, 2017, 11:57:10 AM

FULLY AGREE

Thank you gentlemen. The thought had crossed my mind I must admit and I do think it's totally appropriate. As others have had the same thought then that is the way we shall go.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2017, 12:49:08 AM

Quote from: crudebuteffective on April 11, 2017, 11:57:10 AM

FULLY AGREE

Thank you gentlemen. The thought had crossed my mind I must admit and I do think it's totally appropriate. As others have had the same thought then that is the way we shall go.

Chris

Is good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Right, thanks lads. I'm going to sort the Poll out now so this thread is closed.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.