Combat Kits

Started by Weaver, April 06, 2017, 05:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Where do you see all these please?

Colin's site only shows the Single Pin, the Twin Pin and the 146s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 07, 2021, 12:42:14 PM
Where do you see all these please?

Colin's site only shows the Single Pin, the Twin Pin and the 146s.
The seller is Engine 748 on eBay,  he hasn't got the twin on his page.

Freightdog862

Engine 748 is Dave Little. When the pandemic started his engineering day job stopped making his only income the Combat range, not having his own website he chose to sell on ebay by auction for the time being for maximum exposure. The Marathon is new, its based on the Magna original but much improved (the Magna original masters for this one were actually very good, carved from wood old style, I saw them a couple of years ago when we met up at SMW, before they got tidied up).

Whole range is now made in the UK which is why they are quite expensive, including the decals, white metal and etch where applicable. The EAP was in my Silver Cloud range, Dave took it over a few months back. 

He is hoping the next release will be the Blackburn Beverley.

Thanks,
Colin 

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 07, 2021, 01:17:06 PM

He is hoping the next release will be the Bristol Beverley.

A BRISTOL Beverley?  :o

That's a new one, or should it be Blackburn perhaps?  ;)

And if that's 1/72 it'll be a) big b) HEAVY and c) EXPENSIVE!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Sorry Kit, I've got Bristol's on the brain, too many carry on films over Christmas. I stand corrected as Blackburn Beverley, unless of course its a whif.....

Yes its 1/72, its heavy and its going to expensive, but cheaper than the Hawker Belfast!

Colin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 07, 2021, 05:00:22 PM

Sorry Kit, I've got Bristol's on the brain, too many carry on films over Christmas.

ooooOOOOOOooooohh!  ;D

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

MMMMMMMM. 1/72nd scale Beverley.  I  would  have  to give it plenty of coats of varnish  as it would have to live  outside.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McColm

Combat Kits do sell the 1/72 Blackburn Beverly C.1 at £170 + £16 postage comes with decals. These can be sold separately if you have the vacuum kit or the Magma kit.  :thumbsup:

McColm

The 1/72 fly-by-wire Jaguar has been added to the collection.

Gondor

Chatting to Dave Little, aka Combat Kits yesterday about Canberra TT.18's which he says he is going to be produceing in the reasonably near future. It is also him that I got the 1/72 Short Belfast from.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2022, 01:14:52 AM
Chatting to Dave Little, aka Combat Kits yesterday about Canberra TT.18's which he says he is going to be produceing in the reasonably near future. It is also him that I got the 1/72 Short Belfast from.

Gondor

Would that be the Magna Models Belfast Alistair ?  I've got one of those in the stash, did you know it's as big as the Airbus A400M

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2022, 06:49:00 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2022, 01:14:52 AM

Gondor

Would that be the Magna Models Belfast Alistair ?  I've got one of those in the stash, did you know it's as big as the Airbus A400M

Nope.

Says Combat Kits on the box and the resin looks nothing like your picture

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

kitnut617

Ooooo! that looks nice, are the sections of the fuselage hollow ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2022, 08:28:12 AM
Ooooo! that looks nice, are the sections of the fuselage hollow ?

Yes they are. There is white metal for the undercarriage as well I believe. I simply bought the kit for the stash with my bonus knowing that I was not going to build it for a while so takeing the parts out of the box for the picture earlier today was the first time the parts have been out of the box since they were shipped to me. Must buy some more filler before I start it just incase.

Gondor