An Ify Bridge

Started by Ify, April 07, 2017, 05:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ify

Back to the Display Table.
Started to work on creating the landscape; one side of it anyway.
Here is the footpath and stairway from Bridge Street to the highway.

Making the model version of this section.

Putting in the Bridge Street.

Captain: The future is in your hands, Scotty.
Scotty: But Captain, I can't change the laws of physics.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Ify

Thanks Old Wombat.

To continue:
The Shire Council recently put in a new pathway.

I waited till they finished construction so I could make measurements to recreate it for the diorama.

Old Wombat

Honestly, I couldn't build this. Not in the physical sense, I have a decent skill set & what I don't have I could learn, but the mindset required to build this is beyond me. However, I do appreciate those that have it! :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 17, 2017, 05:35:58 PM
Honestly, I couldn't build this. Not in the physical sense, I have a decent skill set & what I don't have I could learn, but the mindset required to build this is beyond me. However, I do appreciate those that have it! :thumbsup:

I agree

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Ify

Thanks Old Wombat and Gondor.

I have never received such a grand compliment before. It has taken me a few hours to write this post, because I did not know how to respond. A 'thanks' would not have come close to how I feel. So I decided to just write what I just wrote.

Much appreciated.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 17, 2017, 05:35:58 PM

Me 3.  I certainly don't have the patience or the attention span.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ify

To tell you the truth zenrat, I often have trouble keeping notes at where I am at in the project. Often a simple change of plans inadvertently alters other ideas and plans as well. Many times I discover an elaborate design, for a future part, only to discard it because it no longer applies. It gets frustrating, and I only got myself to blame  :banghead:

Ify

There is a matter of a partial (60%) house within the display boundaries. The display would look unfinished without the house, especially by the local visitors to the museum.
So I took some photographs and worked out its measurements.

I used Masonite to build the house.

You may be asking why I included rooms? The reason will soon be revealed.

The electronics circuit sequences five white LED lights, one for each room. There is about a 15 second interval between one light turning off for another turning on.
Under a bright light, you may not see anything happening, unless you looked at the house for longer than 15 seconds. But under a dim light, the house lights become more obvious and alive.

zenrat

Quote from: Ify on December 18, 2017, 02:24:11 AM
To tell you the truth zenrat, I often have trouble keeping notes at where I am at in the project. Often a simple change of plans inadvertently alters other ideas and plans as well. Many times I discover an elaborate design, for a future part, only to discard it because it no longer applies. It gets frustrating, and I only got myself to blame  :banghead:

Yes, but you haven't lost interest or got distracted by other projects like i would.
The house looks very good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

That's some of the WORSE connecting of parts I have seen on a breadboard for years!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How on earth were you able to follow your wiring diagram or fault find with a rat's nest like that!!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Ify

Quote from: Gondor on December 18, 2017, 01:14:39 PM
That's some of the WORSE connecting of parts I have seen on a breadboard for years!
How on earth were you able to follow your wiring diagram or fault find with a rat's nest like that!!
Gondor
:laugh:
Just to show you that even a rat's nest, of divergent thinking, can work just fine. ;)

Old Wombat

Well, this place site locale non-physical centroid works just fine, & it's a (pack) rats nest of divergent thinking, so that makes sense.

Actually, if we set up a clubhouse on a certain island off the coast of Western Australia near Perth, & put all the servers there, & had virtual club meets ........  :blink: :laugh:

Ify

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2017, 05:59:22 AM
Well, this place site locale non-physical centroid works just fine, & it's a (pack) rats nest of divergent thinking, so that makes sense.

Actually, if we set up a clubhouse on a certain island off the coast of Western Australia near Perth, & put all the servers there, & had virtual club meets ........  :blink: :laugh:
That's a great idea. I know a family, the Quokkas, that will accommodate us on Rottnest  Is.  :thumbsup:

Ify

About a month ago I received an email containing a photo of the Wardell bridge in the days when it had those swing gates. Today they have boom-gates. At last I had something better to go by.

Sourced some scrap metal, fencing wire, brass tubing, washers, and screwed collars from electrical terminal strip. From these I was able to make the swinging gates.