2017 builds.

Started by darthspud2, April 07, 2017, 10:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud2

A few pics of my most recent builds
i'll be re-posting these pics once I work out  a quick way now that PhotoBuqket are trying to charge me.

All 1/48 scale. The Intruder is the veteran Monogram kit, the two Eurofighters are Revell boxings. One is in homage to all the BP Defiant builds, it's marked as a show aircraft for IISqn RAF, as they flew Defiants for a few months and the twin seater is an Israeli whif had they bought European rather than U.S.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud2

seen and noted thanks Narses.

NARSES2

Great, just glad to have been of help.

Also glad I'm not the only one who has a tidy paint collection, although your's is tidier than mine  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

An IDF Typhoon! I do like that, an excellent idea and nicely built too.  :thumbsup:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

had to tidy the paints, they were getting so that I had no idea what I had plus I've moved mancave layout to get more display shelving so ideal time to splurge on new paint racks.

Not completely happy with the IDF twin-seater, paint colours look wrong to me, but as I brush paint and not airbrush at the moment, it's the best I could achieve.

Still to finish markings on an F22(OLD Italeri boxing), unsure who it'll end up flying for at the moment. But it's armed to the teeth.

darthspud2

A week off and a few more completed
All 1/48 and weirdly both Monogram/Revell. Venerable old kits picked up for a pittance as newer versions become available and modellers clear their stashes for the latest shiniest versions.

and a real world A18 kit, think it's from 1980

Both painted with a mix of Tamiya and Humbrol acrylics over rattle can primer base.

Steel Penguin

nice looking, the SLUFF  just looks right as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

darthspud2

other than the fact that the nose wheel strut can only be fitted backwards, it was a reasonably easy build on the SLUFF. Used up some old Tornado markings to produce a 13 Sqn aircraft.

DogfighterZen

I like all of them, but the black Eurofighter is my favorite. Nice work! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

I like them all, but the SLUFF does look so right  :thumbsup:

darthspud2

as soon as I can get my tablet to upload photos to photobucket the next few that I've finished will be up
including a Raptor, a Rafale M and an EA-6B with a difference.

Librarian

Again, nice to see an A-7 in RAF markings. I know very little about the pros/cons of the Jaguar ( and dismissing the whole hoo-haa about home-spun aircraft) but I've always thought the A-7 would have been a very cost-effective purchase for us. Serious dump-truck with damn good range as well as gun and sidewinder armament.

All roastings willingly accepted ;D.

darthspud2

RW i'd say the A7 is better lb for lb or pound for pound v the French project/Jaguar.
proven unit, low cost and effective service life way past that of the Jaguar.

darthspud2

Had to finish this , I had no idea how to finish it vis a vis user country, so went with some old TSR2 Markings from a Hannants set in 72 scale. Think it works.

My thinking is that a refuelling aircraft was needed and with some non-visible engine upgrades the Rafale M was seen as a good airframe for the task.
Extra overwing tanks and rewired to fire Nato/European weapons such as Meteor and had an enhanced sensor suite fitted at the same time.

Base kit is the Rafale N 1/48 . Lovely kit no issues unlike some I could mention.