2017 builds.

Started by darthspud2, April 07, 2017, 10:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 22, 2017, 03:35:35 AM

A few pics of an older simple whif from 2015,
Revell BAe 146 made up as an RAF MR aircraft.

That does look good, and very logical too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

best thing is i have a flickr account so lots more pics!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

darthspud2

Some re-posts of earlier builds.

Raspberry Ripple.
Last Gunfighter or how to almost go over MTOW in a Viper or 10 x AIM120c and i may try for one with 16 x AIM120-A/C's

Desert Viper bomber

European/RAFG Viper mid 80's early 90's. 2 pairs of small jdams and Iris T wingtip missiles.

A Red Arrow

NARSES2

146 not only looks good but as Kit says it looks "right" as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud2

Ta to both of you. fairly simple kit.
All i did was remove the nosecone area and graft on a 1/72 t-bird Harrier nose and some pylons and lumps and bumps from assorted scale spares.
First use of blue pinstripe decal too.

darthspud2

Soon as I get some natural light(i.e. tomorrow) i'll post a fresh batch from the Vipers Nest.
Got something a little different in there.

TheChronicOne

ZX603!!!   :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Great stuff, dude!! Looking forward to the upcoming Vipers. . . .
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

It's ironic that the Royal Air Force kept rejecting the F-16 from entering service.
Great work.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on October 28, 2017, 11:21:34 AM

It's ironic that the Royal Air Force kept rejecting the F-16 from entering service.
Great work.

Perhaps because they had the Typhoon already in the pipeline, and the 16 would only have been a stop-gap?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

A random finish as i was stuck for inspiration, then saw a thread on here mentioning aircraft tugs and drones(think it was a Tiffie thread?)
Apologies, but the kit somehow lost it's clear sprue and no one does a real replacement thats currently available

A navalised single engine fighter, what were thie Lordships thinking. Apparently cost took over and this was the viable cost option for the two new fleet carriers or more accurately pilot familiarisation training out of RNAS Culdrose and RNAS Yeovilton. Additional naval receivers/jammers and unspecified elint eqpt on the dorsal spine meant a retro-fit of a Tornado type refuelling system.

At first glance the Peregrine Falcon seems a double for the Isreali Barakeet, but wait, no!
All electronics and systems are completely new. Powered by the same powerplant as the failed Eurofighter, the Peregrine offers enhanced range and payload increase in excess of 75% over comparable u.s. & Eeuropean block 60 F-16's.
No confirmed in service date for these aircraft but they were believed to have been blooded in Op Deny Access over Catalonia. This airframe was destroyed/declared lost after an anti nationalist SaM Suppression mission north of Calella in late 2019.

Another take on Gina

Spare decals from a BoB Hurricane set that happened to be laying about

PR19_Kit

A whole collection of little white crosses in black squares there I'm afraid.

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

darthspud2

Old Wombat

Not for me, I'm afraid. :(
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Nope.  :-\

Some of the black boxes with the white crosses have been replaced with commas though.

Regards
Kit