2017 builds.

Started by darthspud2, April 07, 2017, 10:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud2

I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

PR19_Kit

:thumbsup:

Seven pics showing now, and a lot of commas too. IS that right?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

Thanks KIT
Seems i'm getting there.
update with more pics soonest.

darthspud2

And now my fave ,
RAF Cloud Viper.
With the termination of the doomed Eurofighter project the RAF and RN looked across the globe for a replacement for the ageing Tornado, Jaguar, Phantom, Harrier & Buccaneer fleets. F15's were deemed too expensive and mission un-adaptive (RAF & RN fleet managers quickly realising that one airframe would need to be capable of a multitude of known and some unknown roles in future air to air  and air to ground battlespace.)
Two options were considered and the French Rafale was quickly vetoed for political and financial reasons.
The F-16 was originally not in the running until an old Texas ANG Viper driver was regalling RAF pilots ( in the bar) about trials of the -XL 16 and it's fierce iron carrying capacity  and almost legendary indestructibility.
Both 1 and 2 seat versions were quickly found and de-mothballed at NASA Dryden and BAe Systems (amongst others) brought the airframes upto date. New powerplants(again from the failed Eurofighter were shoe-horned into the frame (remember the Rolls Royce Phantom?) and after a short introduction and integration,  some 200 -60 airframes were ordered and upgraded to xl-16/60(UK) end entered into RAF and RN service.

kitnut617

All I'm seeing are white square boxes with black 'No Entry' symbols in them, plus all the commas in the latest batch of pics. I can see the F-16's and BAe 146 further up the thread though.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

DogfighterZen

New pics not showing for me...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Snowtrooper

Last pic I see is the Red Arrows Viper, the new ones are still of the "wrong way street" sign.

PR19_Kit

Hell's bells, now they're NOT showing. It's really irritating for us, goodness knows what it must be like for you Darthspud.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

OK, mate, just had a look at the post "in the raw", so to speak, & none of the links have .jpg or other code to identify them as images.

I'm no computer-techy expert but I think that may be the problem.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

darthspud2

think they should work now?

PR19_Kit

They seem to be, yes. Every sort of F-16 known to man, most in some amazing RAF schemes.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

darthspud

Thank Diety for that, it's taken me hours to get flickr to work !!
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

darthspud2

Biggest of big thanks to Librarian/ Max
Above and beyond with the F-16XL Kit.
The Skunkworks -xl built up superbly well and there is soo much ordnance that i'll need another 3 airframes just to use it all up!!
With upto 27 hardpoints that are available finding a believable(yeah i know!) load was a real trial.
Picture ain't great, but each side/wing has 2 x AIM120C, 2 X GBU39(SDB), 2 X GBU10(JDAM-sml) and a Stand-off missile.
Having looked again i realised i've left the centreline point empty. bugger!!!
The kit comes with 16 iron bombs and pylons and 4 each of AIM120 and 4 x Sidewinder 9X as well as elint pods and baggage pods, strangely no fuel tanks?

Think i might do another and maybe graft a 2 seater front end on as i now have pictorial evidence of at least one in use at Dryden after a heavy landing it was converted to 2 seat spec.

chrisonord

Awesome builds there Darth, I have done a couple of F-16's and have a couple in the stash semi built and unbuilt, thee have given me some inspiration to get the things done. After I have done my truck load of Mirages of course :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Yaaaaaay!! The pics are showing now for me. 

Very nice stuff and the XL is a real looker!! 

Really digging the unique underside painting as well with the black white and then the yellow/black stripes and stuff.   :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-