2017 builds.

Started by darthspud2, April 07, 2017, 10:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2017, 10:48:35 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 02, 2017, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on July 02, 2017, 09:53:45 AM

The only quibble I have is that the back-seaters seem to be facing forward - should they not be facing the rear, in true British fashion?  ;)

Tut, tut, that's only aboard transport aircraft.............

And makes a lot of sense for passenger survivability in a crash. Civilian passenger aircraft only have the seats facing forwards because people feel more comfortable doing that.

For a while BEA, and subsequently BA, had rearward facing seats in the first three rows of their Trident 2 fleet. I'm not sure why, but I always tried to get a seat in the rearmost rearward facing row or the foremost forward facing row as there was much more leg room in that transition area.

With the take-off performance of the Trident sitting facing the rear wasn't too much of a problem.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

My rear seaters are flight crew training seats,
so seats for re-qualling grounded crew maybe or as a second crew space with a crawl space to allow in-flight crew change over.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 02, 2017, 11:01:37 AM

The only quibble I have is that the back-seaters seem to be facing forward - should they not be facing the rear, in true British fashion?  ;)

And makes a lot of sense for passenger survivability in a crash. Civilian passenger aircraft only have the seats facing forwards because people feel more comfortable doing that.

For a while BEA, and subsequently BA, had rearward facing seats in the first three rows of their Trident 2 fleet. I'm not sure why, but I always tried to get a seat in the rearmost rearward facing row or the foremost forward facing row as there was much more leg room in that transition area.

With the take-off performance of the Trident sitting facing the rear wasn't too much of a problem.........  ;D

Mrs kitnut's Dad was in the Brit Army, and he got himself overseas posting for much of Mrs kitnut's younger life (that's until she met me  ;D ). She has told me that whenever they flew to a new posting (Hongkong, Germany) she went on an aircraft which had all the seats facing backwards. I tried to quiz her on what aircraft it was but she wasn't able to tell me. I'm guessing VC10s
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Snowtrooper

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 02, 2017, 02:23:43 AM
More to follow, just another 6 in build process or stash unbuilt.
Running out of ideas though (ish)
Looking at the thread, I guess you want them to be British ones?

• Aggressor but in British service
  • Battle of Britain commemorative scheme (daytime with DG/DE uppers and either Sky or B&W lowers; you already had the Tyfie in nightfighter black)
  • Cold War natural metal high-visibility retro scheme (Tiger Squadron is always relevant)
  • A-16A in the "two greens" camo used by RAF Harriers in the 1980's, ADEN centreline pod instead of the GPU-5/A, etc.
  • RF-16 with camera ports in the nose and British linescan pods etc.
  • Navalized Viper (Vought Model 1600) for the FAA (you could steal the idea of Sparrow/Skyflash/AMRAAM/Meteor rails on MLG doors to any other build, too)
  • Late-block Gen 4.5 Viper with stealth features, canards, 2D TVC or LOAN nozzle, DSI, radar-absorbing metallic paint, the works, see for example DFZ's "F-16W" thread for inspiration
  • Delta-winged Viper - while the XL kit is a bit hard to find and you already have six regular Falcons in the stash, how about Draken's or Viggen's wing instead of straight delta?
  • F-16 FSW - again, just reversing the standard wing and adding a bit of forward sweep to the former trailing edge might be more economical
  • If you're swapping wings, then there's Modelling Mushi's F-16/Starfighter kitbashes to give you inspiration
  • F-16 CCV if you just want to insert canards under the intake

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Snowtrooper on July 03, 2017, 01:26:39 PM
Quote from: darthspud2 on July 02, 2017, 02:23:43 AM
More to follow, just another 6 in build process or stash unbuilt.
Running out of ideas though (ish)
Looking at the thread, I guess you want them to be British ones?

• Aggressor but in British service
  • Battle of Britain commemorative scheme (daytime with DG/DE uppers and either Sky or B&W lowers; you already had the Tyfie in nightfighter black)
  • Cold War natural metal high-visibility retro scheme (Tiger Squadron is always relevant)
  • A-16A in the "two greens" camo used by RAF Harriers in the 1980's, ADEN centreline pod instead of the GPU-5/A, etc.
  • RF-16 with camera ports in the nose and British linescan pods etc.
  • Navalized Viper (Vought Model 1600) for the FAA (you could steal the idea of Sparrow/Skyflash/AMRAAM/Meteor rails on MLG doors to any other build, too)
  • Late-block Gen 4.5 Viper with stealth features, canards, 2D TVC or LOAN nozzle, DSI, radar-absorbing metallic paint, the works, see for example DFZ's "F-16W" thread for inspiration
  • Delta-winged Viper - while the XL kit is a bit hard to find and you already have six regular Falcons in the stash, how about Draken's or Viggen's wing instead of straight delta?
  • F-16 FSW - again, just reversing the standard wing and adding a bit of forward sweep to the former trailing edge might be more economical
  • If you're swapping wings, then there's Modelling Mushi's F-16/Starfighter kitbashes to give you inspiration
  • F-16 CCV if you just want to insert canards under the intake

Any of those suggested would be very nice to see!! Get those Vipers going!! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

darthspud2

Snowtrooper,
First 3 in your list are built or in process of build.
I don't post build pics at the moment, too much other stuff going on.

The Lizard Scheme/RAF Version is also about to make an appearance

Watch this space!!

McColm

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 03, 2017, 12:41:21 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 02, 2017, 11:01:37 AM

Mrs kitnut's Dad was in the Brit Army, and he got himself overseas posting for much of Mrs kitnut's younger life (that's until she met me  ;D ). She has told me that whenever they flew to a new posting (Hongkong, Germany) she went on an aircraft which had all the seats facing backwards. I tried to quiz her on what aircraft it was but she wasn't able to tell me. I'm guessing VC10s
The French Sud Caravelle had a mixture of rear and front facing seats.

darthspud2

NARSES2

Now I really am not a F.16 fan but you could ALMOST make me reconsider  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud2

PR19_Kit

None of those are visible I'm afraid.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

darthspud2

look ok from the various pc's I log in on?

zenrat

I canna see them either.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: darthspud2 on July 14, 2017, 02:09:32 AM

look ok from the various pc's I log in on?

Yes, but it knows you're you, and maybe it won't let others see them anyway, or else it needs some settings changed to enable that.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

All I see's a column of commas. :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est