Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: May 01, 2017, 06:50:51 AM

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 01, 2017, 05:46:19 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 01, 2017, 05:43:48 AM
Second place the flying boat, seaplane and amphibian GB

WHY?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You couldn't enter your Grebe anyway, you've already started it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

QuoteNow I will be running the Cold War GB as the final build of the trio simply because we are currently coming to the end of the Soviet GB and the two are similar.

On the subject of a Cold War GB there have been various other "cold wars" throughout history although they wouldn't of used the name. When we come to it we will need to decide exactly what we mean by the term, but that's nine months or so down the line.

Well, if you want to do a different type of Cold War, here's my take on how it could be different:
Build models, dioramas, etc. in a ice, snow, winter, etc. "cold war" type setting/scheme. Anything submitted must have white and/or other "arctic type" colors in it like light blue, sky blue, etc. and/or have been used in a winter/frozen/arctic type setting.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

sandiego89

Quote from: seadude on May 01, 2017, 12:22:05 PM

Well, if you want to do a different type of Cold War, here's my take on how it could be different:
Build models, dioramas, etc. in a ice, snow, winter, etc. "cold war" type setting/scheme. Anything submitted must have white and/or other "arctic type" colors in it like light blue, sky blue, etc. and/or have been used in a winter/frozen/arctic type setting.

We did that several years ago with the "let it snow GB" before the GB pause.  It had good participation and some great builds.  I still vote we do a pause on GB themes like the Cold War, but again sorry I brought it up perhaps too late.  By happenstance my last Cold War GB entry "Ice Station Delta" was both traditional cold war, AND on ice!   

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

The first thing that popped into my head was a flying refrigerator as an alternative cold war project.
Would that be filled under cargo aircraft?

zenrat

So, no last minute surge of votes for a pirate GB then.
:angry: :unsure: :banghead:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Just to reiterate. I'll run a poll on whether we should "pause" GB categories for a season or two in a month or so after I've got this season's sorted out.

Secondly. Now I know that in a way I started it, but lets leave the discussion on what constitutes a Cold War GB until nearer the date, which will probably be sometime in 2018. Any discussions now will just be forgotten about in the rush to do other things and we'll have to go all through the points again.

Thanks gents.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Weaver

Quote from: McColm on May 01, 2017, 07:49:25 PM
The first thing that popped into my head was a flying refrigerator as an alternative cold war project.
Would that be filled under cargo aircraft?

You could pair it with a man-powered aircraft and call it air-to-air refuelling.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

What scales are Indiana Jones figures available??   ;D :thumbsup:

Gotta have one if you have a flying fridge!   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Got a few builds for the flying boat, seaplane and amphibian GB. Just need to finish them.

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on May 03, 2017, 01:50:20 AM
Got a few builds for the flying boat, seaplane and amphibian GB. Just need to finish them.

Just to explain.

The whole point of a G.B. is that you build the model from start to finish within the GB period. i.e. No pre started models.

kitbasher

Chris,

Serious question.  I've a bunch of part builds that are doing my head in!  A number of them I think could fit into several of the GB themes.  Bearing in mind the rules (as you reminded folk already) would there be any harm in carrying on a part build within the general theme of a GB but not part of it?  So if there's a GB general chat thread going on (say) then post updates on failed GB entry revival progress there?  Clearly not start an in-build thread or have the build up for voting when the time comes.

So for example if the flying boat, seaplane and amphibian GB actually happened, it'd be OK to revive my Bristol Beaumaris build (http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,36984.msg596992.html#msg596992) under the umbrella of that GB but not part of it?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter