The 'Stuff you've got in your stash that you'd forgotten about' thread

Started by PR19_Kit, April 17, 2017, 08:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

I have registered all my kits, books, trains in various Excel files, with all the relevant data, so my memory doesn't need to work overtime.  ;D
Also, when I visit model shows, or swap meets, the risk of buying what I have already, is reduced ( I still manage to make mistakes, or forget to check  :banghead:)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

When  I started collecting my kits there was no such thing as Excel.

There weren't any PCs either, and any computers that did exist were bigger than my parent's house............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Even I started excelling (is that the word?  :rolleyes: ) my books only a few years ago, when I was already up to about 6000. Quite a job, but can be done.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Steel Penguin

having managed to find a 1:48 RAF Chinook that id forgotten id got, im not going to say too much on this,  except I also have the other way round, the 1:35 Tamiya Chieftain I was certain id started, that was still in the poly bags, and the bridging tank that I know I got, and now cant flaming find.  :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: loupgarou on April 18, 2017, 08:40:16 AM
I have registered all my kits, books, trains in various Excel files, with all the relevant data, so my memory doesn't need to work overtime.  ;D
Also, when I visit model shows, or swap meets, the risk of buying what I have already, is reduced ( I still manage to make mistakes, or forget to check  :banghead:)

Good idea. But for me, it had already been too late... So I just keep track of ideas and conversion plans with the help of a pen & paper list. But this one already helps to remind me of the things in the pile - at least those with a persistent purpose... Does not prevent mental losses, though.

The Wooksta!

I managed to get into a box I couldn't get at a few days back - 8 Revell Hunters and a reboxed Frog Sea Vixen.  Knew I had the Hunters but couldn't remember where they were but I'd forgotten about the Sea Vixen!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

I used to keep a Lotus 123 file with everything in the stash detailed on it and it was structured so that I could search etc. All a hangover from the days when my job to a large part was building files like that.

In the end it got so big it scared the s*** out of me so it got left. I may well start it again once I get the stash down to manageable levels.

I do however keep the parts of the file that detailed my transfer and paint collections up to date and find that very useful.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

further penguinisams
wile still looking for the scissor bridge tank, I had a peer through one of the chests of drawers ( its normal behind the cloths horse so doesn't have anything need now in it,)  found 2 more 1:48 challis and a M60 id forgotten, plus a large stash of games workshop, elder and marine  kits, some may be mine, im certain some are Mrs SPs though, oh and my war of the worlds mugs!
no tank, at this rate it may be I have to go into the loft and check there.  I though the only ( wanted) kits up there though were the big stuff for op Herrick ( landys, lynx, quads, merlin (s?) )  and the Warrior company.   the 1:35 S tank dosnt count as that's for probable disposal  :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Well at least in looking for it your finding loads of other stuff  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2017, 05:35:38 AM
Well at least in looking for it your finding loads of other stuff  ;)

I wonder how many of my boxes actually hold two or more kits?
I know I have 5 Dewoitine 520 in one box that I know of, and another with 3x early Pegasus EAPs. Vaguely recall pushing two kits into one Hasegawa box, might have been a Grumman Tiger.. who knows?!  :rolleyes:

As a result of my clear up I have all my bases and stands in one shoebox. This includes a surprisingly large range of in-flight stands from Airfix and Italeri.

zenrat

I have 3 Matchbox Heyford boxes.  I know one of them contains a complete kit but I can't remember how many other bits are there.  I know I "Spackmanned" a set of wings for an experimental long range monoplane and then put them away when it was time for PSR.  Originally there were 5 nearly complete aircraft but building the Sky Pirates triplane took bits from three kits.
It's the car kits I forget I have though.  It doesn't help that the car stash is dispersed across 3 cupboards to prevent it all being taken out in one enemy action should Mrs z realise how many I have.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2017, 04:53:11 AM

I know I "Spackmanned" a set of wings for an experimental long range monoplane and then put them away when it was time for PSR. 

Hmmm, I did EXACTLY the same!  :banghead:

PSRing those 'fabric' wings is NO fun!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2017, 04:53:11 AM
... It doesn't help that the car stash is dispersed across 3 cupboards to prevent it all being taken out in one enemy action should Mrs z realise how many I have...

I gave up that strategy when we moved house last time as I couldn't fit the stash into the Discovery we drove then. it became a bit obvious..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise