More tigercats

Started by tigercat2, November 23, 2004, 07:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

As before, slightly different angles.   Taken on Mrs. W's kitchen countertop, it was doubling as a 1/72 parking ramp!!

Wes W.

Swamphen

That grey one...it isn't...yes it is indeed a...

T-Tail!

Don't look, Baz! Don't look!!!  :P  

tigercat2

Better picture of the T-tail 'cat.   I just thought it would look cool with a T-tail, extended nose and wings.  This was done in 1978, and the model has held up pretty well.

Wes W.

The Rat

Beautiful stuff Wes.  :wub:  Ever thought of putting turboprops on one?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

tigercat2

Great idea on the turboprops!!  Don't currently have any kits in my stash that could be used to donate turboprops, but I suppose if I ran across a C-130 kit or C-160 real cheap I could salvage the turboprops.  Any suggestions for other "doner" kits that could be used?

Wes W.

The Rat

QuoteGreat idea on the turboprops!!  Don't currently have any kits in my stash that could be used to donate turboprops, but I suppose if I ran across a C-130 kit or C-160 real cheap I could salvage the turboprops.  Any suggestions for other "doner" kits that could be used?

Wes W.
Yoiks, you askin' me? I'm just getting back to the glue tube after a few decades hiatus, I ain't up much on what's around. I do know that there are after market ones, a company called Engines and Things does quite a few but they can get expensive. Still, probably not more expensive than buying a kit just for a few bits. A pair of big, mean, Allison T56's would look sweeeeeeet!

I haven't taken notice of what scale your beauties are in, and what model company they're from. I'm guessing 1/48th?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

tigercat2

These are 1/72 scale Tigercats - all are Monogram kits.  This Monogram kit is from 1967, and is one of the best kits they made.  It is really a little jewel, and a great review of it can be found on:

http://www.modelingmadness.com/reviews/kor...n/mesnerf7f.htm

Wes W.

Scooterman

QuoteGreat idea on the turboprops!!  Don't currently have any kits in my stash that could be used to donate turboprops, but I suppose if I ran across a C-130 kit or C-160 real cheap I could salvage the turboprops.  Any suggestions for other "doner" kits that could be used?

Wes W.
I have a P-3 that doesn't have its motors mounted yet.

Guess I could try to resin cast a few for ya..........

tigercat2

Thanks very much for the offer, but I don't beleive I can get around to that for a while.  Besides, I'm out of Tigercats, and they are increasingly hard to find.

Wes W.

Ollie

Wes, there's a sheepload of them in Montréal!

:cheers:  

Gary

Hey Ollie...

Who we gotta kill for a few?

Any idea the cost invlolved?
Gary
Getting back into modeling

Ollie

No idea buddy!

Lemme check, I'm going to that shop next week (that's the plan) and I'll report on the prices.

I think they are around 12 canadian pesos.

:wub:  :cheers:  :dum:  

Captain Canada

Quotearound 12 canadian pesos.

Hey now, at 83 cents US and climbing..........

All the world should ( be forced ) to convert to the almighty Loonie !

:ph34r:

And I had a nice USMarines TC in overall gloss blue........but I can't find her ! :(  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

I checked yesterday, there were a dozen or so on eBay...

Leigh

If you wanna go bigger the AMT 1/48th is pretty easy to find and a sweet kit.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models