T-34 AA and infantry support vehicle

Started by chrisonord, April 27, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is the other armourfast tank I got in the box, took me less than an hour to slap together and put in base coat. I haven't done a great deal to this, as I was getting low on Soviet vehicle bits and bats to stick to it. Also forgot to touch the tracks up before taking its picture :banghead:
Anyhow, back story, this tank along with the other mobile(see cobbled together) AAA platforms are primarily used when taking over and defending a recently acquired airfield Said airfields can be anywhere in the jungle high up on a plateau or near to the sea. The vehicles need to be able to traverse said ground reasonably easy and be able to follow an armoured insurgent column. The tank has not had a great deal done apart from removing the original 85 mm gun, and mantlet, and replacing the original mantlet with a modified one with 2 37 mm automatic cannons installed. The turret has been stripped out of all non essential equipment as the tank will be more or less stationary for the duration of its stay at the airfield.
Kit is the armourfast one with a turret from another kit I can't remember, and the 37 mm guns are from Zvesda 1/72nd scale  WW2, mobile 37 mm  AAA kits.

Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

I particularly like this one Chris. Well done sir  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

chrisonord

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

This model has got me thinking (which is a good thing  ;)) in general about the whole concept of mounting AAA in a tank type turret. I'm wondering if the turrets turning speed (wrong choice of words I know) would allow it to track modern aircraft ? Now I know nowt about this and hope some more learned members will know if my fears are grounded or not ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

zenrat

It's "slew" on a crane.  Same on a tank?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2017, 02:55:49 AM
It's "slew" on a crane.  Same on a tank?

That's the word, cheers mate  :thumbsup:

Slew rate is what I'm talking about

Captain Canada

Nice one Chris. Might have only taken an hour but it sure doesn't look it ! That turret is really cool.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?