BFG Undaunted| WW2 whif in 1/72

Started by CallSignOWL, April 29, 2017, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallSignOWL

base kit was the old FROG/Testor's boxing...I decided to go a bit crazy on this one!

full interior, check!

scratchbuilt engine? CHECK!

new flaps, canopy, dorsal spine, etc...check!

CallSignOWL

big-@$$ gun slung underneath? CHECK! ...those little fishermen wont know what hit-em!   :wacko:

CallSignOWL

i was really proud of this one, so I took a bunch of pictures :P

comrade harps

:wub: the weathering and camo. Looks great!  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Snowtrooper

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Really like this one  :thumbsup:

Looks as though it could have been a Curtis project to me for some reason ? I think it's the "front end" in particular makes me think that. Looks a little like some of the late Curtis fighter projects.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Well done!  Great surgery skills.  Sure hope the cannon is synced with the prop!  :o
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

scooter

It'd look really good in AAF OD over gray, or overall black as a night interdictor over Korea.  And those inboard pylons look like they came off a Hornet
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Nice one! I like the slightly shaggy look of it - has some Steampunk appeal to me. I love the compact size and the muscular look a lot, and the Atlantic scheme (?) suits it well, too. And The German offeicer rank symbol on the fin is a witty detail, too.  ;)

If NARSES2 had not alreayd put it on the Whiffys list, I certainly would have done so.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Very cool idea,and i like the scratch-built parts, nice work!
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

CallSignOWL

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 30, 2017, 07:21:16 AM
Nice one! I like the slightly shaggy look of it - has some Steampunk appeal to me. I love the compact size and the muscular look a lot, and the Atlantic scheme (?) suits it well, too. And The German offeicer rank symbol on the fin is a witty detail, too.  ;)

If NARSES2 had not alreayd put it on the Whiffys list, I certainly would have done so.  :thumbsup:

what is NARSES2?

...and I lean a bit more towards dieselpunk myself ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 01, 2017, 04:04:53 AM
Not what, who.

Sometimes I wonder  ;)

Chris a.k.a.Narses2. (Narses by the way was the Byzantine Roman General who reconquered Rome from the Goths. Something the oft lauded Belisarius failed to do. Unfortunately he had a rather minor physical problem, which I don't share  :angel:)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

deathjester

Love the look of that - like some paintings I've seen - Bravo !!