Dodge Van

Started by zenrat, May 03, 2017, 02:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

This is what has been distracting me from things Soviet.
It's a 1/25 MPC Dodge Van.  It came in the remains of the 1976 box but is a mish-mash of parts from a number of years.
The instructions had been eaten by something and the decals were absent unfortunately (as the '76 kit had the chopper bike scheme).

The ABC Warriors were a strip in 2000AD, the comic serious grown up graphic format science fiction publication I bought religiously for about seven years from 1986ish.  They were a band of war robots.  ABC stood for Atomic, Bacterial, Chemical - weapons they could survive that humans could not.
ABC Warriors 13 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The ABC Warriors were drawn by a number of different artists but my favourite was Simon Bisley so I hunted out copies of his versions on the interweb to make my decals.
Deadlock.
ABC Warriors 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mongol.
ABC Warriors 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Joe Pineapples.
ABC Warriors 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Blackblood and Mekquake.
ABC Warriors 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And of course Hammerstein.
ABC Warriors 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The kit is built OOB (apart from the wheels) although I had to do a bit of modifying to get the rear lights and grille to fit as they were from a different year than the body.
ABC Warriors 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Paint is white pearl.  The pink finish is the result of putting far too much bling powder into the clear.  It looks fantastic in the sun though.:)
The decals are double layered.  I put one set on over the paint and then cleared over the top.  The bling powder in the clear obscured the decals somewhat so I printed another set on which I cut away everything but the main figures meaning they stand out more.
ABC Warriors 6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The roof is Kandy Purple with a heap of flake chucked into it.  Again, it looks better in the sun.
ABC Warriors 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I have no idea what you are talking about  ;) but it's a nice model  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

AXU

Ohhh that looks great !  :wub: :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 03, 2017, 06:11:53 AM
What Chris said.. :P
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

Thirded. lol That's a really clean looking build ! Great job on the decals as well !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: nighthunter on May 17, 2017, 02:32:58 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 03, 2017, 06:11:53 AM
What Chris said.. :P

Yeah, what they all said...

(Wot, no love for Ro-Jaws?!)

zenrat

Ro Jaws, while being one of my favourites in the early episodes wasn't included when Simon Bisley was drawing them.

Simon Bisley incidentally did the drawings Simon Pegg's character in the TV series Spaced was supposed to have done.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Oops, you're quite right... I was forgetting (or trying to maybe?)  ;D

zenrat

Forget?
In the words of Torquemada, "Never forgive, never forget, never for fun".
Fred

Rick Lowe

"Neveratalos, Greek by Z___"

PR19_Kit

What ARE you lot on about???  :o :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit