Main Menu

Me 509

Started by NARSES2, May 03, 2017, 06:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Fuselage together and fits very nicely. I've got a slight gap on the underside in front of the nose wheel bay, but a tiny shim of plastic card will fix that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Unusual and nice, thanks for showing us this. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

I'd like to see someone use the 509 fuselages with the 609 wing parts.  That'd certainly look unusual.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Wing is now attached and clamped. Will need some work but not sure how much until I take the clamp off.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice to hear that she's going together well. Looking forward to seeing her. Defo have to take a pic beside a 109  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Couple more pictures.

Here's the innards etc before enclosure and closing up.

Here's the closed up fuselage with wings fitted to show the good fit. That grey line is not a seam, but purely where after sanding the minimal seam I've primed and sanded back. Primer almost acts as a final filler. Wing fuselage will get P.P.P.

Here's the fuselage/wing joint from underneath. It's not bad at all and won't take long to fix. The front end will take a couple of plastic shims and the rear a little bit of P.P.P. The front is actually no problem as the front end of the nose wheel well takes up much of it therefore the areas to fill are quite small  :thumbsup: As I've said before a more competent modeler could have avoided most of even this, although I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

NARSES2

We now have a completed airframe, painting can commence  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Here she is just before going for a bath. She's now in the paint shop

NARSES2

Bump

Well she's been painted and had her transfers and is now standing on two of her legs  :banghead:

Gone together really well. The undercarriage takes a little care and some of the small struts are a bit  (read ultra) fiddly. However while building a model of a paper design you can change the strut arrangement as much as you want and just say "yea, well the production aircraft was different"  :angel:

Getting there and it's been enjoyable. Will be getting a second one for sure.

NARSES2

Got the canopy on today after a bit of a struggle. All my own fault as I'd not got the rear bulkhead and it fouled the canopy. Soon sorted with a sharp blade however. All told she's gone together well. Only problems have been down to me  :banghead:

Getting there, maybe this weekend ?

NARSES2

I'm feeling really sorry for this kit. It really does feel as though all the errors that you can make by sheer clumsiness have been inflicted upon it. Has Pan been sitting on my shoulder ? Some are down to my hand/eye problems but even they have been exaggerated on this build for some reason ? Sometimes you just get a kit that is jinxed ?  :banghead:

It's a real shame as it's a nice kit. Sure some of the smaller parts are a little chunky/clumsy but she builds really well. I've ordered another as I'm certain I can do her far better justice.

Anyway she is almost there, or as close to it as she will see. So hopefully pictures (PB willing) by the weekend.

king of men

Oh I've definitely had model projects that seemed to be jinxed or snakebit. Only two choices: 1) bull your way through it and realize it won't be the greatest thing you've ever done or 2) cut your loses and chuck it. I'm stubborn enough that I very rarely bin a kit that I've started.
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 10, 2017, 07:05:32 AM
I've ordered another
For a Me-509 Zwilling? No? Let me dream...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

NARSES2

Anyway the muse took me for some reason last night so here she is in all her "Glory"

I was planning a back story on the lines of the Hungarian's building the Me 509 as a replacement for the Me 210 which they were already building under license, indeed I may still do for the UK S.I.G.'s Newsletter, but for now here is the finished model.

As I've said it's a nice kit and builds well, although my one appears to have been jinxed and I haven't done it justice at all.