Avro Albany B Mk2 (Project Wrathchild) - finished pics page 9

Started by zenrat, May 04, 2017, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

It has me thinking about doing the same thing to a Shackleton.

Filled the lower half of the nose with "heavy glue" yesterday and today glued the last piece of plastic into the nose closing it up.
A bit of testing revealed there isn't enough weight in the nose so i'll be adding more in the front of the bomb bay.
But first i have to cut a hole for the nose gear.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Very nice. The stubby look makes it look powerful. I like the new nose as well.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 24, 2017, 03:36:12 AM
This build has me thinking about a Griffon-powered Manchester ... Not that I'll ever build it, but it has me thinking! ;)

I have a similar plan, only going a step further. Using RR Eagle 24 cylinder H-configured engines and contra-props and calling it a Manchester II. But it will go even further than that, twinning it -----

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,20781.0.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Why not double the width of a single fuselage instead of having two?

Anyway, today I cut a hole in the bottom of the fuselage for the nose wheel and finding space within added more heavy glue.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

This "heavy glue" sounds similar to my method of loading the nose full of lead then filling in the open spaces between with PVA. :D   

Didn't work on my last one, though.... I even crammed so much in there that it was protruding into the nose wheel well..... still tail sat (Tucano).  I'm just going to glue a clear piece of sprue somewhere on the belly...
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2017, 03:21:41 AM
Why not double the width of a single fuselage instead of having two?

Because that's a new airframe with all the associated problems to solve that goes with it. Twinning just means joining two aircraft together using all existing jigs. My back story in my link explains it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Good point Kitnut.  I should have thought of it given its the reasoning behind Project Wrathchild being based on a Lanc.

To make Heavy glue I mix up some 5 minute epoxy and then stir in a heap of liquid gravity (tiny lead balls).  It still flows pretty well and can be fed through small holes.

Started sanding this today and then stopped to glue on the raised thingy that surrounds the mid upper turret.  I'll give the fuselage a coat of primer tomorrow to give the filler something to grab hold of.
Fred

zenrat

PSR on the fuselage.  The S stage.
Picked it up today, went "meh" and put it back down again.

Fred

zenrat

Sanded and primed.
More P needed in a few places.
Fred

zenrat

Fuselage PSR is done.  It looks like a whale which may mean a name change from Knutsford to Albany (whaling station in Western Australia).
It may look less whale like with the nose pimple in place though.
Fred

zenrat

This just in.  A Hero with One Wing.

having scribed some panel lines (a tip: if one requires ocular prosthetics one should ensure one is wearing the reading glasses rather than the distance ones BEFORE attempting to scribe panel lines into a 1/72 aircraft) I have glued on one wing.
Fred

Captain Canada

Speaking of those I need to make an appointment for an exam....I can't see __it anymore ! Especially up close  :thumbsup:

The model is sure looking good !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Both wings glued on.

Woohoo!
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

That's looking really nice, Fred! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est