Avro Albany B Mk2 (Project Wrathchild) - finished pics page 9

Started by zenrat, May 04, 2017, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thank you Guy.  I've decided to take a bit more care on this one with an eye to entering it in expo next year.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

A touch more filler today around the tail joints.  Providing it looks OK under a shot coat of primer then it'll be paint time.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Love it. Looking really 'right' now. Great stuff.

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Cap'n.
I sorted out the undercarriage today.  1/72 TSR2 mains with 1/48 Me 262 wheels and a complete but cut down 1/48 Me 262 unit at the front.  All are ready to paint and glue in place.
It needed a lick of filler on the tail joints but it's now ready to paint.  I'm gonna do it the standard RAF night bomber scheme and use the decals from the Lanc kit.
Here's a pic of the nose with the pimple in place.
Fred

loupgarou

Looking very good. A compact and businesslike aircraft.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Inspiration's a bugger, ain't it! :banghead:

Now all I need's a cheap Lanc & a couple of Griffon-engined Spit's! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Caveman

Inverted nose looks natural!
secretprojects forum migrant

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2017, 03:53:24 AM
Inspiration's a bugger, ain't it! :banghead:

Now all I need's a cheap Lanc & a couple of Griffon-engined Spit's! ;)

Or a cheap Shack. ;)

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 21, 2017, 03:50:31 AM

Very much so. No need for the RAF to have quite as many US medium bomber types with this beauty.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2017, 07:01:50 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on June 21, 2017, 03:50:31 AM

Very much so. No need for the RAF to have quite as many US medium bomber types with this beauty.

Well that was the start of all this - I felt like building a B-25 but didn't have one and couldn't find on at a price I liked.

First paint on today.  Black (with a dash of Dark Sea Grey added) on the underneath and sides and (after a lot of squinting at the rather unclear instructions) vertical tails.  Top side camo will be Dark Earth and RLM 73 (yes, I know but it is the closest Vallejo acrylics match to RAF dark green - the one they themselves recommend) and I will used the kit decals.
Fred

NARSES2

Ah, so a night bomber. I thought you might have gone down the day bomber road ?

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on June 19, 2017, 01:51:41 AM
Thank you Guy.  I've decided to take a bit more care on this one with an eye to entering it in expo next year.

Another whif entered OOB?
Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 22, 2017, 06:22:57 AM
Ah, so a night bomber. I thought you might have gone down the day bomber road ?

Thought about it.  Then looked at my decal stash and found I had no sky lettering (which I believe would be what I would need for a day bomber) of the appropriate size.  Also, i've placed it in 1945 and i'm not sure how much day bombing the RAF were doing then (but i'm sure someone will now tell me).

Here's the first coat of green.

Quote from: comrade harps on June 22, 2017, 06:54:00 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 19, 2017, 01:51:41 AM

Another whif entered OOB?

Well, most of the parts did all come in the same box...
Fred

NARSES2

That looks so right it's ridiculous  :thumbsup: