Avro Albany B Mk2 (Project Wrathchild) - finished pics page 9

Started by zenrat, May 04, 2017, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2017, 01:59:18 AM

The area under the canopy behind the cockpit that I haven't painted - I am assuming it would be the same colour as the interior?

Quite often that area would be the same colour as the upper fuselage or maybe even black.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great job the colours look perfect ! I'd paint it black as well  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Bugger.  I painted it interior green today.
I'll put some black over it when I touch up the undersides.  Vallejo acrylic paint goes on really well but it dries very soft and wears off easilly with handling and light grey primer is showing through all along the sharp edges of the bomb bay opening.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2017, 04:22:11 AM
Bugger.  I painted it interior green today.

Just say that's the colour it was painted when intended for day time ops ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Nope, it's black now.

All main paint is done.  Should get some clear on tomorrow.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

I've been decalling.  Two days so far and I still have the topside stencils to do.
Fred

zenrat

Decals are done.  I'll give it a wash tomorrow and then put some more clear over them.  They are matt finish and as they are on glossed paint they look silvered when viewed at the wrong angle.  Fingers crossed they come up OK.

I've also painted the undercarriage parts.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

If put on a table at a show there'd be a few people scratching their heads and going " I know there's something wrong with that, but what ?"

Brilliant  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2017, 06:24:18 AM
If put on a table at a show there'd be a few people scratching their heads and going " I know there's something wrong with that, but what ?"

Brilliant  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wrong??  WRONG?? WRONG?? There's nothing  whatever wrong with it!  It's magnificent  and absolutely and  perfectly RIGHT!

If anyone cares to argue, just tell them that my great aunt in the ATA used to deliver them from the factory to the OTU at Little  Stinking on the Ouse!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Glad y'all like it.  Remember there is still plenty of scope for me to stuff it up.
;D

It's the wing shape and the twin tails.  Your eye takes them in and you brain says "Lancaster" automatically - pattern recognition.
Standard Bomber Command paint job doesn't hurt either.

I've named it the Avro Albany BTW.  This is because the fuselage side view reminds me of a Southern Right Whale and Albany in WA was one of the last operational whaling stations on the Australian mainland.
I cleared over the decals on the top and sides yesterday and <touch wood> there appears to be no silvering.

Fred

darthspud2

Very nice, liked this from the start of your build.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

zenrat

Thank you Spuddy.  There were moments when I didn't like it (mainly during the PSR) but it's back in favour now.
I'll start on some of the fiddley bits today.
Fred

rickshaw

Looking good, mate.    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.