Avro Albany B Mk2 (Project Wrathchild) - finished pics page 9

Started by zenrat, May 04, 2017, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2017, 02:11:32 AM
Also, i've placed it in 1945 and i'm not sure how much day bombing the RAF were doing then (but i'm sure someone will now tell me).

A fair bit but I suppose it would have been considered to be  in tactical support rather than strategic
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Hell yeah, we're gettin' there now!

I have to say, at first glance I thought you were going for some type of wood-grain, though.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Heh heh, yeah, a wooden Lanc.
That's just because its the first coat.  It's Vallejo Model Air which is meant to be airbrushed and so it is thinner than i'd choose for hairy sticking on.  However, after the second coat its (look at the port wing tip) coverage is better and then after a thinned third coat (more of a thick wash) it'll be good.
That colour is described as both US Dark Green and RLM 73 and is also what they suggest is their closest match to RAF Dark Green.  A truly international paint!

<edit> fixed whatever the f*** happened to shuffle slabs of text around.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2017, 08:57:30 PM
Heh heh, yeah, a wooden Lanc.
That's just because its the first coat.  It's Vallejo Model Air which is meant to be airbrushed and so it is thinner than i'd choose for hairy sticking on.  (more of a thick wash) it'll be good.
That colour is described as both US Dark Green and RLM 73 and is also what they suggest is their closest match to RAF Dark Green.  A truly international paint! However, after the second coat its (look at the port wing tip) coverage is better and then after a thinned third coat.

OK. now I get it! :thumbsup: ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Some strange things happening here shuffling my writings around.

After knocking off from Uncle Duty having returned The Boy to his mother I managed to get a second coat of green on followed by a first coat of brown.
I have taken a photo but it appears that photof***it have "upgraded" their software so it may not appear below as I may be throwing the laptop through the wall in frustration shortly...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

...or not.
It appears they have not done a thing to the website.  Is still has thrumpteen gajillion pop up ads and clickbait pages covering it (which somehow manage to defeat my ad blocker) and it is still therefore one of the most irritating things on the interweb.
Fred

zenrat

Yertiz.
Two coats of green and one coat of brown (except for the tip of the port wing and port nacelle which has two brown.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2017, 04:31:35 AM
Some strange things happening here shuffling my writings around.

After knocking off from Uncle Duty having returned The Boy to his mother I managed to get a second coat of green on followed by a first coat of brown.
I have taken a photo but it appears that photof***it have "upgraded" their software so it may not appear below as I may be throwing the laptop through the wall in frustration shortly...

Yup. I sometimes find that my cursor has moved of it's own volition and script appears in odd places. Not often but sometimes  :banghead:

As for PB, as I've said it before but I've had no problem since I paid up. It may be seen by some as blackmail but it's worth it as it was driving me mad before.

The more I see this build the more I can see it confusing some, shall we say "more serious modelers", if put on a club stand  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2017, 04:42:55 AM
...or not.
It appears they have not done a thing to the website.  Is still has thrumpteen gajillion pop up ads and clickbait pages covering it (which somehow manage to defeat my ad blocker) and it is still therefore one of the most irritating things on the interweb.

I have NOT paid photobucket, but since I installed ad-block, it runs "quite" well, and those pop-up ads have disappeared.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TheChronicOne

This is where I chime in and heap praise upon Imgur... It's super fast, sleek, has editing options, re-sizing, hold and drop posting, etc etc etc and nary an advertisement in sight. I really can't say enough good things about it.

I used to use PB back in the day and I don't know what happened.. it got to the point where it simply wouldn't run on my computer for some reason. (not that it was PB's fault but it was funny how it USED to work on the computer then one day it got to the point where it was like trying to swim through concrete)  That soured me and when I needed a new hosting site again a year or so ago I went with Imgur and man... I'm very impressed.  I'd rank it in the top 5 most handy things I know of that happen on a computer.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

All my pics are on PB.  I don't want to start afresh elsewhere and have everything split between two places.

Today Project Wrathchild's paint count stands at 3 coats of green and 2 brown.
The green looks good enough to call it done and the brown will be done with one more coat.
Fred

Captain Canada

Nice work. She's really looking good now ! Defo a lot of paint work but well worth it  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I'm calling the camo done.  Some touch ups needed on the black but i'll leave them until i've done the wheel wells and interior touch ups.

The area under the canopy behind the cockpit that I haven't painted - I am assuming it would be the same colour as the interior?
Fred

TheChronicOne

Ahhh yeah, there we go! Nicely done, man! This thing is cool.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred