Boeing 747-8 "The Wedding Project" (formerly the secret 747-8 project)

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 06, 2017, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

those of you who read my blog thread, have propably noticed i have mentioned something called "the secret 747-8".
its still a secret for the moment, but since im nearing its completion, i thought i would give you guys a sneak peak at what im working on.

the kit is a 1/144 revell 747-8 Lufthansa box, but its going to be in a completly different color scheme of my own design, quite a challenging project.
you will see a number of altered and censored pics posted here, but you wont see the finished product until the 24th or 26th of August 2017.

why, because its a surprise  :-X

anyway, here's a look at the engines, i just finished painting them, next step, decals.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, there must be something significant about that date............  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

You do realise that now it isn't a secret?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Oooh goody. Been looking forward to this one. The engines look great! 
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Looking good so far I'd love to do that kit myself someday. Looking forward to more !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

some more images, for the project to remain secret, spoiler images have been blurred out.

this is the first large aircraft whiff i have spraypainted, although i had some problems with runners, i managed to work away most of them.
engines have been completly painted and decaled today, the underside of the wings and tail have recieved 2 coats of grey, the bottom of the fuselage still needs another layer.

its coming together quite nicely  :mellow:

only 3 months till the project's secret gets revealed  :-X

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

That's a big 'ole piece of plastic, even in 1/144.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Down with censorship ! lol That does look huge and thanks for the update pics !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2017, 02:28:56 PM
That's a big 'ole piece of plastic, even in 1/144.  :thumbsup:

Indeed, and I still go outside to watch every time one flies over the house on a test or delivery flight.
The stretched fuselage and new wing make it a very elegant beast, especially the freighters with
the original, short upper deck.

strobez

Wow... that's going to be amazing when it's done!  Great!
Thanks!

Greg

Spey_Phantom

Update,

the build is Finished  ;D

but im gonna wait with posting pictures until a later date as said earlier, there's a special reason why  :rolleyes:
ive been working on this project secretly for the past 6 months in the little free time i had, so thats why it took so long.
all in all, the revell 747-8 is a great kit that goes together quite nicely, little to no fitting problems, similar to theyre A350-900 kit  :mellow:

expect pictures to be posted here in August  :-X
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.