Supermarine 'Floattacker'

Started by CammNut, May 07, 2017, 01:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2017, 02:28:03 AM

Hmmmm, yes.  We should have a floaty GB  ;D ;D ;D

One's on the way. It better be as I'm one of the mods for it......  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Having just read your resume CammNut (in another thread), is there any truth to this wonderful project  :-\  just looks right -- :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Quote from: James W. on May 07, 2017, 07:04:52 PM
Very clean crisp job there C-N, a creditable effort.
Just to be picky though, ought the roundels not be 'D-type', given the timing?

& the R-R Nene being a centrifugal turbine dictated the porky barrel fuselage a la MiG 15,
but wouldn't the change to an axial turbine allow/require a 'coke-bottle' shape re-profiling?

( Check the relative differences in Meatbox engine nacelles when so equipped).

Edit: fixed typo.

James, CammNut is pretty bang on for the model for one based in the UK at St Merryn in the late 40s - low demarcation and Type C markings.  The back story gives the requirement and service for far east based aircraft, his just happens to be one of the early ones that stayed in the UK.  His reasoning with regards to the fuselage shape works for me too. 

I'd like to see the three view it's based on.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

James W.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 08, 2017, 10:08:54 AM

James, CammNut is pretty bang on for the model for one based in the UK at St Merryn in the late 40s - low demarcation and Type C markings.  The back story gives the requirement and service for far east based aircraft, his just happens to be one of the early ones that stayed in the UK.

I'd like to see the three view it's based on.

W, 'according to Hoyle' - the type-D roundel was promulgated in June `47, & while existing aircraft likely had to wait until scheduled overhaul for a repaint,
new-build machines - such the subject of this thread - would've surely had 'em applied, as factory-fresh..

Adit: Found this 'Naval Attacker' in 'Flight', check the date, & sporting what appear to be, D-type roundels.. bit hard to be certain - is it in NMF or camo?
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1947/1947%20-%201141.html

zenrat

Quote from: James W. on May 08, 2017, 06:12:35 PM
W, 'according to Hoyle' - the type-D roundel was promulgated in June `47, & while existing aircraft likely had to wait until scheduled overhaul for a repaint,
new-build machines - such the subject of this thread - would've surely had 'em applied, as factory-fresh...

Only in real life.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2017, 08:21:54 AM

Once again we really need a sarcasm smiley.   :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

James W.

Quote from: zenrat on May 09, 2017, 02:18:08 AM
Quote from: James W. on May 08, 2017, 06:12:35 PM
new-build machines - such the subject of this thread - would've surely had 'em applied, as factory-fresh...

Only in real life.

Ah, no Z, you appear to be falsely conflating the 'what if' technical aspect - with the assumed  'plausible setting' - its not like the decals are NCC- 1701..

zenrat

Jimbo, you appear to be unfamiliar with the concept of building the model and then making up the back story to fit, adjusting any inconvenient "facts" on the way.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

James W.

Quote from: zenrat on May 09, 2017, 04:17:06 AM
Jimbo, you appear to be unfamiliar with the concept of building the model and then making up the back story to fit, adjusting any inconvenient "facts" on the way.

Ok, but I reckon you'd best change your moniker to 'Goose' then Z, if you're gonna be just about as bloody 'loose as'.. one.. with the proverbial 'trots'..

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

James W.

Goose is asked:

"What happened!", & naturally replies.. "Dunno man, just got here myself.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2MX0EftaU

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 09, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2017, 08:21:54 AM

Once again we really need a sarcasm smiley.   :o

I got it mate  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

A great - looking model; very convincing! Good work. :thumbsup:

The Rat

Very nice! That Frog model isn't exactly state of the art, but it goes together well and is a good base for some whiffery, and you've done a cracking job!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr