Grumman F4F-4

Started by strobez, May 13, 2017, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Crap lighting situation is a bummer. Good thing is you have a bead on the problem!

That said, man, I think your stuff here is choice! Looks fine and dare I say that sometimes when things go wrong, they go right!  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

It may be more weathered than you wanted but the grey one looks great.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

strobez

Finally got these guys finished off...

Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Very nice work on both of them! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Super job on the painting of both models, they look very real.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Both look great, man!!! 

Nice work on the whole folded wings treatment.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

strobez

Thanks guys! Given what Academy gave me to work with, I'm pretty satisfied.  The only thing that bugged me really was that I didn't have any white number decals like in the inspiration pic (https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=26441&p=albums&album=37378). Maybe I need to look through the spares folder a little harder.

I also noticed in the pics that I forgot the wing tie downs on the folded one.  Whoops.
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Cool bananas!  Good work Strobez.

:thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

DogfighterZen

I like both, but the faded/chipped camo gets my vote, very nice work! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

perttime

Love them  :wub:
No insignia on the one that looks a bit used?

One thing that I'm wondering about is the propellers. Don't they look a little new...  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on October 31, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

One thing that I'm wondering about is the propellers. Don't they look a little new...  :wacko:

Perhaps the original ones were so knackered that they had to replace them?  ;) ;D

[Rule 2 of Whiffing :- You can always adjust the backstory to suit the build.  ;D ;)]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2017, 12:26:53 PM

Perhaps the original ones were so knackered that they had to replace them?  ;) ;D

[Rule 2 of Whiffing :- You can always adjust the backstory to suit the build.  ;D ;)]
There's rules?  :o

Old Wombat

Quote from: perttime on November 01, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

More "guidelines". ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

Love them  :wub:
No insignia on the one that looks a bit used?

I actually had the same thought about the propellers, but let it slide out of apathy did it on purpose because they were just replaced...  yeah... :rolleyes:

There's a number (08) on the camouflage one, but no insignia because it belongs to a fictional mercenary airforce operating in the Kingdom of Asran in my re-imagined WHIF world of Area 88 (Manga/anime series) just after WWII. 
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 01, 2017, 09:12:55 AM
Quote from: perttime on November 01, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

More "guidelines". ;)

I see them as vague suggestions hinted at in passing.
:o
Fred