Whiffs found at shows

Started by PR19_Kit, May 14, 2017, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I could have sworn there already was a topic named as above, but neither I nor the Search function can find it.  :banghead:

Anyway, today my 'local'club, Cardiff Plastic Aeroplane Club, exhibited at the Gloucester IPMS Show. I got there first as I had the green baize cloth for the stand and the club badge, but I was very early and the other guys showed up an hour later, so I had to put SOMEthing on the stand..........  ;D

The model is a RW P-38J that I got from some Japanese cornflakes many years ago and it's 1/380 scale.  ;D

Yeah, I know the pic's blurred, but the model has a wingspan of less than 1.5" and it was 15 ft away.

When the rest of the guys showed up we put on quite a good display, amongst which was a Whiff or two that you may have seen before....  ;)

As it happened my Whiffs outnumbered all the rest at the Show by 3:2!

A nicely built Arrow

And an excellent Huntsman, built by the same guy who did the Arrow.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

His name is Guy Danner. A member of the sig, but not of the forum as far as I can tell.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Haha funny. What's the deal with the Sunderland > Centaurus powered ? Great pics !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Nothing in the least Whiffy about the Sunderland, it's a standard Mk III.

I'm the only modeller in the CPAC who builds Whiffs, the rest of them do RW only, and think I'm crazy of course.  ;D

The only Whiffs I had on display were the MB5 racer, the Fw-190 floatplane and the 707-821C.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 14, 2017, 02:34:08 PM
I could have sworn there already was a topic named as above, but neither I nor the Search function can find it.  :banghead:

There's a thread entitled "Whifs at Model Contests" Kit, you may be thinking of that ?

I do like the Huntsman
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

lol good one Kit ! Must be the spinners throwing me off, just looks more powerful.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

There is a Sunderland on the UK Show circuit that has turbo-props, but sadly I've lost the pics of it that I had.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

CANSO

I FOUND THIS AMAZING MODEL FROM A SHOW IN 2009:

More photos from the show here.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

I do like the egg Corsairs buzzing an egg Zeke...great fun.

Captain Canada

Those are both pretty nice, love the SR !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

i found these last weekend at the Middelkerke Modelshow :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

I really like this Dornier Wal-and-others thing - a Porco Rosso-esque interpretation, from the recent Shizuoka event:

Found at the Arawasi Wild Eagles Blog (http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.de/search?updated-max=2017-05-20T00:44:00%2B09:00&max-results=10

Another elegant build from the same event: a monster combining features of various different aircraft; fuselage-Seafury, main and tail wing-Reppu, canopy-Fw190, propeller blades-P-47 and more. The end result somehow makes sense though. Inspired by the recent publication "Arukimu no Kaze":

From http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.de/search?updated-max=2017-05-19T22:04:00%2B09:00&max-results=10&start=1&by-date=false