Whiffs found at shows

Started by PR19_Kit, May 14, 2017, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Ah right, thanks. No doubt they were all electric powered by then?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2023, 05:28:40 AMAh right, thanks. No doubt they were all electric powered by then?  ;D

Some weird fusion hybrid, as typical for Star Wars
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

buzzbomb

Some shots of a reasonably Recent local show in the outer north of Melbourne. Put on by NAM, new venue, new location in Epping.

The Six engine bomber, loosely based on a RW project but bought to life by Uncle Les as sometime seen member here.
Lots of 3D printed stuff like the forward cockpit area and the AS-1 Kennel Missiles

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Ditto! The VW van/ Thunderbird 2 is impressive.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Some great stuff indeed..especially like the X Wing drag car but that 6 engined monster is amazing.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Thanks for posting those, some great stuff there  :thumbsup:

My personal favourite is the Steam Galley  :bow:

Didn't some mad Greek allegedly come up with an idea for such a creation ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 24, 2023, 12:53:15 AMThanks for posting those, some great stuff there  :thumbsup:

Do you mean someone like Archimedes, Pythagoras, Euclid, etc.... ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Good pics Buzzo.  Thanks for sharing.

I nearly went to that.  Looks like I should of made the effort.  I have been to one of their previous shows years ago which was in a scout hall and was tiny.  I assumed this one would be similar. 
But of course we all know what assumption is the mother of don't we...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Quote from: loupgarou on September 24, 2023, 03:00:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 24, 2023, 12:53:15 AMThanks for posting those, some great stuff there  :thumbsup:

You should see the end of the last Indiana Jones movie!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

It was Hero of Alexandria  (sometimes referred to as Heiron)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on September 24, 2023, 09:46:02 AM

It was Hero of Alexandria  (sometimes referred to as Heiron)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile

Thank you sir. I knew that as our resident classicist you'd know if anyone would  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

I have no idea who built this as there was no name on the model sheet next to the model. But this modernised Yamato class battleship was entered in the competition at the IPMS/USA Nationals Model Convention this past weekend. And to the best of my knowledge, I don't think it placed as I didn't see an award next to the model Saturday night. I'll have to wait till the award results are posted later in the week on the main IPMS/USA website to find out.
It's a nice model, but from my perspective, some locations for weapons don't really work that well, especially when you consider the firing arc aspect.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

I don't recall seeing that one. Looks pretty cool. Biggest thing I see right away is the boat crane.
Tophe the Wise