Handley Page Victoria EB Mk.2 in RNZAF service.

Started by rickshaw, May 21, 2017, 09:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I have to make a basement safari for the kits. A Canberra fighte nose would be a nice alternative, though, and I think about clipped wings - IIRC there was a British low level attack concept (forerunner of the TSR.2) that had a remote resemblance to this one. Will be added to the idea list, anyway, but a side-by-side A-6 cockpit would be nice, too, maybe with a slightly more pointed nose.  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

...what reminds me that I have an Eastern Express Sea Vixen somewhere - originally only bought for the Red Tops that come with it. But shape and size would be pretty suitable, I think!  :wacko:

Cobra

This is a Superb Build :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: it looks like it came out of an Episode of Thunderbirds or Joe 90! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

rickshaw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2017, 02:44:52 AM
...what reminds me that I have an Eastern Express Sea Vixen somewhere - originally only bought for the Red Tops that come with it. But shape and size would be pretty suitable, I think!  :wacko:

An interesting choice.   Go for it!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

loupgarou

Quote from: rickshaw on May 22, 2017, 11:02:50 PM
Thank'ee all, kind sirs.  I am glad that you approve of this, my latest build.  More to follow.   As for the "normal" two-seater Victoria, I think I'll leave that to Dizzy.   He'll enjoy building it BUT he should note, the Grumman nose was only added to the EB Mk.2 version.   Before that, it would have had a typical, early 1960s British nose, like a late model Canberra with the canopy offset to the left, perhaps?   ;)

Lovely idea! :wub:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Zero-Sen

Quote from: loupgarou on May 26, 2017, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on May 22, 2017, 11:02:50 PM
Thank'ee all, kind sirs.  I am glad that you approve of this, my latest build.  More to follow.   As for the "normal" two-seater Victoria, I think I'll leave that to Dizzy.   He'll enjoy building it BUT he should note, the Grumman nose was only added to the EB Mk.2 version.   Before that, it would have had a typical, early 1960s British nose, like a late model Canberra with the canopy offset to the left, perhaps?   ;)

Lovely idea! :wub:

It would be interesting to see one of these two built in plastic...

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

The PR.1 looks good but needs a longer nose section behind the cockpit IMO.  The Valkyrie looks definitely more European but it too is quite nice.   I'd say a 1/144 scale Victor would work best with an F-104 twin seater for the Valkyrie cockpit.  A 1/96 Victor with a 1/72 Vixen nose/cockpit would look good for the PR.1.    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

loupgarou

I was wondering, does the Victory PR1 have a single engine exhausting below the tail, or 2 buried in the wings?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

chrisonord

That is really clever, I like that a lot  :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on May 27, 2017, 05:20:34 AM

I was wondering, does the Victory PR1 have a single engine exhausting below the tail, or 2 buried in the wings?

I think the former.

If you look right at the tail there's a deflector just below the rudder, a bit like a Hunter FGR9, and there aren't any exhaust ducts at the trailing edge of the wing.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Zero-Sen

Early scale-o-rama concept of the Victory (T-tail Hunter vs Victor at 50% of its real size)

First Valkyrie profile.

Same idea with 'Prowler bits.

edit : last image changed.

McColm

I feel a kitbash coming, I bought a "spares and repair" 1/96 Victor minus the T-tail and weeks/undercarriage. I think that I have a Tonka in one of my spares bins.