Turboprop Position

Started by Librarian, May 22, 2017, 04:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2017, 05:32:53 AM
Great looking?  :o

I think they're the ugliest turboprop nacelles ever, but we're all different, thank goodness.  ;D

Not ugly as such, but alive ?

Look like something you might see in a cartoon but with a face ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

I think they're the ugliest turboprop nacelles ever, but we're all different, thank goodness.  ;D

We're living in the age ever improving CFD, which means form follows function is more than a design maxim.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 24, 2017, 02:06:51 PM

We're living in the age ever improving CFD, which means form follows function is more than a design maxim.

It's still ugly..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2017, 02:48:59 PM

Next you'll be telling us you don't like the appearance of current F1 and Indy cars.  ;D :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 25, 2017, 02:15:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2017, 02:48:59 PM

Next you'll be telling us you don't like the appearance of current F1 and Indy cars.  ;D :wacko:

Almost. The current batch of F1 cars are terrible, but not quite as bad as they were last year! 'Real F1 cars' looked like they did in the 80s, wiiiiiide track, low noses, no fiddly aero bits etc. (I'm starting to sound like my Dad.  ;D)

But I quite like the current Indy cars, they don't have such a plethora of aero bits to 'fine tune' the airflow as the F1 cars do, and look the better for it. Mind you, the 80s-90s Indy cars looked even better to my mind.

F1 cars compared, 2017 on the left, 1984 on the right.

Indy cars compared, 2017 on the left, 1990 on the right.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

wuzak

I think the Indycars are also ugly and festooned with appendages - at least in road course guise.

The 2018 car looks like it will be much tidier (and the same for everyone).

F1 cars have improved in looks this year in a few ways, and become worse in others.

They have wider tracks and wider tyres, which make them look good, as with the lower rear wing.

But the rear wing end plates just look silly to me and freeing up the "bargeboard" area was a mistake.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: wuzak on May 26, 2017, 05:12:01 AM

They have wider tracks and wider tyres, which make them look good, as with the lower rear wing.

Only since last year, but the 2016 cars really looked TERRIBLE!

That 1984 McLaren above would be difficult to improve on, those cars had a REALLY wide track and were clean of all the fins and add-ons that seem to be de rigeur these days.

Regards
Kit

jcf

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit