IS-3 Shestinogiy Tank... Or the 6 legged Joseph Stalin 3

Started by Mr Ten, May 25, 2017, 05:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Ten

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2017, 03:55:49 AM
It's not about the winning.  It's about subverting the dominant paradigm.

If you caused just one otherwise "normal" modeller to even think about whiffing then you have had a small victory.
Indeed. <_<
It was the annual model competition from the Tank Museum in Saumur. I earned a few ribbons with "normal" tanks a looooong time ago.
Recently, they have created a "what if" category, more funny (to us) of course !
But most of the models in competition were in the "Mad max" style (not a chance !), or WW2-1946-svastika-herr-General (an overdose to me, now i'm allergic...  :-\)
So, a cross over between Robotech/Macross and WW2 1946 without a black cross  was probably to strange for their narrow minds... :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: Mr Ten on June 14, 2017, 06:41:25 AM

It was the annual model competition from the Tank Museum in Saumur.

Great place for a model show  :thumbsup: Only managed to get there once about 15 years ago but it was a brilliant museum.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I've been through Saumur a number of times travelling between the UK & The Dordogne.  Never new there was a tank museum there.  D'oh!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It's also (or was ?) the French Army's Tank School.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mr Ten

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 14, 2017, 07:44:25 AM

Yes :thumbsup: I should definitely... ;D

On a more historical note, French Cadets of Saumur School were thrown in battle during the german invasion of 1940, and "sacrified" as the fight was desperate. The museum is a nice one, with a lot of tanks (however not as as many as the Wonderful Bovington Camp :rolleyes:), but still impressive, with  lot of unique types. If you are a fan, it definitely deserves a visit : http://www.museedesblindes.fr/presentation-du-musee-des-blindes.
This afternoon, i was in Cosford RAF Museum, on a calm and warm sunny day...  Another fantastic place with big beasts... :lol:

http://img237.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=41063_Dsc3598_122_94lo.jpg
They have put on display some original models of the craziest british cancelled projects... Very nice !
Hey ! This brings us back to whatif models... ;D