The Science Fiction GB - The Rules

Started by NARSES2, May 26, 2017, 06:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Its Obi won's starfighter so maybe like a WW1 Sopwith Camel?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

Weaver, the game your thinking of is probably the Palladium Rifts setting.    It was also parodied in one of the "Macho women with guns" sets  which are light-hearted table top wargame / skirmish rules.   There is also the FASA  / wizkids / Catalyst game  "Shadowrun" where elves, orcs, trolls, and dwarfs fight to survive in the mix of magic and cyberpunk in the 2050s onwards.    Another one would be "empire of the petal throne" in the Tékumel universe where its set thousands of years in the future.
but yes Hawkmoon and Dancers, very defiantly set in our futures, but very different from the majority of views of them.

now where do I find decent scale plans for a Traveller Trepida MBT and the accompanying Astrin grav apc and Meson sleds in 28MM ( 1:48 to 56 ),  and then a photo account, and time and resin to cast the multiples and and  :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

I'm thinking of converting an old Ford Thunderbird into a space ship. Should be sci-fi enough !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 28, 2017, 05:32:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2017, 03:38:32 AM

I have fond memories of building Airfix 54mm mounted figures as a youth and if I can find one at a price I want to pay I fancy whiffing it for this GB.

Built a fair few of them back in the day. Introduced me to "serious" figure painting. Graduated on to a few 54mm white metal figures but was really a wargammer who liked to paint.

That was the beauty of Airfix. They enabled people on a budget (kids) to experiment with hobbies which until then would have been beyond their wallets (figure painting)

I had three including the Indian chap with the lance and the turban.  There was one of them on Aussie Evil-Bay last month but I baulked at the price.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 28, 2017, 11:49:11 AM
now where do I find decent scale plans for a Traveller Trepida MBT and the accompanying Astrin grav apc and Meson sleds in 28MM ( 1:48 to 56 ),  and then a photo account, and time and resin to cast the multiples and and  :banghead:

I've got loads of traveller stuff. Might not be a scale plan but there's bound to be drawings. Interested?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

Weaver, please if you can find them, I will add ive a big pile of Challenge magazines and everything for new era, but good 3 views with a scale If I remember were absent,  so don't worry to hard if you cant find anything.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

rickshaw

Donning my Moderators Bonnet (you know, the science fiction one, with the spinning propeller), I have made additions/modifications to the rules in the Original Post (OP) at the start of this thread.   Please, reread it, to familiarise yourselves with them).   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2017, 04:36:17 AM

I had three including the Indian chap with the lance and the turban.  There was one of them on Aussie Evil-Bay last month but I baulked at the price.

Some go for daft prices  :banghead:

There was a stand at a show last year where a guy had a whole line up of Indian Army cavalry regiments done from that figure, fantastic
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lord_Voyager

Not sure if this will work but... An alien ship I created for the movie Danger Force. by director Brett Kelly. This is in the shooting set... All lit up with LED's and such.

rickshaw

Unfortunately, that is already constructed.  If you reread the rules, kits should not be 10% constructed before the competition starts.   :banghead:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Lord_Voyager

For inspiration then! Yes, I missed that part...

scooter

A question for the mods.  Is CGI kosher, so long as the "build" is documented?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

Quote from: scooter on June 17, 2017, 03:49:39 AM
A question for the mods.  Is CGI kosher, so long as the "build" is documented?

CGI, as in a computer graphics picture?   Let me check with my co-mods.

rickshaw

OK, after consultation with the other mods, CGI has been given the nod.   It is now included in the build if you want to do it.  You will need however to detail the design/drawing process with staged drawings in your post.