10-12 June 2017
Sandown Park Exhibition Centre,
Springvale.

zenrat

Woohoo!

I'll be there all day Monday.

Comrade Harps - usual time & place?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Have fun, guys!

I've decided to start saving for next year but I'll make it part of a greater trip, where I'll include the FAA Museum at Nowra & the AWM in Canberra before I head home.

SWMBO has indicated that she'd like to come too - but not for the Expo bit, she'd rather go to a museum &/or gallery.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 09, 2017, 04:50:23 AM
Have fun, guys!

I've decided to start saving for next year but I'll make it part of a greater trip, where I'll include the FAA Museum at Nowra & the AWM in Canberra before I head home.

SWMBO has indicated that she'd like to come too - but not for the Expo bit, she'd rather go to a museum &/or gallery.

Oooh, a visit!
Cool.

I have been up there tonight and set up the Australian Model Car Club tables and entered four aircraft into the show.
I'll be back Monday to spend money.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2017, 03:32:00 AM
Woohoo!

I'll be there all day Monday.

Comrade Harps - usual time & place?

Yep  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Well that's another one done and dusted.
Had my entries officially entered by Buzzbomb as usual on Friday and caught up with Comrade Harps as per our standing agreement today (although he did find me early at the other end of the hall - maybe he was stalking me).
There seemed to be more models entered this year.  Or maybe that's just me.  I'm sure Buzzbomb will be along soon to give us the official word.
Lots of good models, some of which I took pictures.  I'll post them here soon.
Of particular note was the IPMS themed display which this year took the form of a whole heap of Spitfires with alternative paint jobs.
All in all another good show.

:thumbsup:

Fred

zenrat

OK.  Some pics.  More can be found here and are mostly not Whiffs, just what caught my eye.

Not a Whiff, but a good result from Frogspawn.

Club theme was "Cats on Tracks"

EDIT.  Photof**ket is playing up again, its no joke.  I'll post more when it's played ball.
Fred

NARSES2

Glad you had fun mate, cheers for the pics  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Finally, i've beaten Photobucket into submission.

Fred

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

WhatEVER were the class rules for those Spitfires?

'Build an early Spitfire and paint it in anything BUT camo!' ?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The Spits were the themed display by the organising IPMS branch.
The signs said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Looks like they all used the same kit. 
They usually have a light hearted theme which lets their members take a break from the serious business of counting their rivets, applying heavy pre-shading, ensuring paints match up exactly to genuine paint chips and all the other things you need to do when you are building for a contest.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 13, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
The Spits were the themed display by the organising IPMS branch.
The signs said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Looks like they all used the same kit. 
They usually have a light hearted theme which lets their members take a break from the serious business of counting their rivets, applying heavy pre-shading, ensuring paints match up exactly to genuine paint chips and all the other things you need to do when you are building for a contest.

Good thinking on their part then, it produced a superb range of models.

Luckily the last bit doesn't apply when building for Whiff contests.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit