Airfix 54mm Life Guard 1815

Started by jcf, May 30, 2017, 03:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Ah yes, I remember now.  Thin plastic sheet which would melt due to over-enthusiastic youthful applications of too much tube glue.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

dumaniac

I am looking forward to watching this one.  I have a couple of these that I started - and then went back to Luft 46.  My skills on figures is mediocre at best.

good luck

NARSES2

I can remember trying to use very hot water to help mould the straps and harness to shape. Wasn't very successful from memory. I can remember cutting thin strips of lead from toothpaste tube for a couple of the figures as I got a little older. Think I just copied some Airfix Magazine articles ?. How times have changed
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I'd suggest wine bottle foil if you can get it in time, it's heavier and holds it's shape well.  Another for future projects would be Parafilm M, great stuff, you can stretch it thin or roll it into heavier thicknesses.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

I have loads of thin foils of various types: wine bottle 'lead' (which it isn't and hasn't been for a long time);
pewter foil; various thicknesses of soft aluminum etc.
:thumbsup:

The problem is time as various real world events have hampered bench time, including what may be
a case of summer bronchitis, which sucks.
:banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on June 03, 2017, 10:33:25 AM
I'd suggest wine bottle foil if you can get it in time...

Glug, glug, glug, hic, done!
Pie tray foil is also useful and never in short supply in stately zen mansions.

Hope you're mistaken in your diagnosis Jon, but if not then may it be a minor case.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Mods can you move this to the Figures category in Projects, please.
Events have conspired against completion within the allotted time.
Thanks, Jon

dumaniac

The wine lead/foil is a good option. It is thicker than al-foil. It also hangs better due to its our weight.  Paint it leather brown and there you go. 

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Ta, Chris.  :thumbsup:

The aluminum foils I have are thicker than 'kitchen-foil' being art-foils intended for
embossing.