Boeing KC-97 refueling unknown aircraft

Started by TomZ, June 01, 2017, 10:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

On the 22nd of June 1972 major John Brown was making an unscheduled test flight with a F-106 over California. The aircraft had undergone some repairs the previous morning and the major decided to take it up for a quick test. Half an hour into the flight he spotted two large aircraft to the north flying in formation. He decided to investigate and turned north.
The aircraft turned out to be two KC-97 tankers which were refuelling two unknown aircraft. As a avid amateur photographer he had a small camera with him and making an number of passes he snapped a few pictures.
When he landed back at base he was immediately summoned to the base commander and told that he better forget what he had seen and never mention it to anybody. Feeling the seriousness of the situation he wisely did not mention the pictures he had taken.
Back home however he developed the film and printed the pictures. Not wanting to get into trouble he put the pictures in an envelope in the back of his desk drawer and forgot about them.
After his death in 2016 the pictures were found by his son who put them on the internet. They caused quite a storm but the USAF denied al knowledge of the incident and to the present day maintain they are fakes.

TomZ
http://www.airwar1946.nl/index.htm
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

I like it!

I am however rather intrigued as to the type of fuel they were transferring.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

McColm

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

I didn't know X wings could use hydrocarbon fuel!!!!
Great work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Hobbes

oh, that's wonderful. Are you going to show this at the ESM?

Dizzyfugu

We should watch out for a 2nd moon in orbit, if the Rebel Alliance has a hidden base on Earth!  :o

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TomZ

Quote from: Hobbes on June 01, 2017, 11:45:18 PM
oh, that's wonderful. Are you going to show this at the ESM?

Of course, it's on the list to bring with me.
Together with some other things which are still on the bench.......  ;D

TomZ

TomZ

Quote from: kerick on June 01, 2017, 04:54:00 PM
I didn't know X wings could use hydrocarbon fuel!!!!

Diligent research shows that they can run on cask strength whisky.
So that must be it.

Just imagine, a whole tanker full of Macallan 25 year old  :cheers: :drink: :drink: :cheers:

TomZ

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 01, 2017, 11:49:10 PM
We should watch out for a 2nd moon in orbit, if the Rebel Alliance has a hidden base on Earth!  :o

At risk of being too political I would like to suggest that the current Terran regimes are more likely to align themselves with the other side.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.