IPMS -- Pros and Cons. Worth becoming a member?

Started by TheChronicOne, June 05, 2017, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on June 29, 2017, 04:49:25 AM
You could always hang around there, see who buys them and follow them home...

That wouldn't be weird.

;D

lmao   There's a thought!!  ;D ;D  Follow them home then walk up to their porch with them with a kit under one arm and a bag full of supplies in the other...    "What the hell are you doing?!?!"  "I thought we were going to build some kits, bro!" 

I ought to talk to the management and see if it would be feasible to put up a message board near the entrance for networking. It could potentially increase their sales and would cost next to nothing to put up a cork board, tacks, and paper..   

I also would like to hit all the local social media pages. I've been wanting to anyway to see if anyone was hoarding old kits and would sell 'em to me.  "I buy old plastic model kits!"
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 29, 2017, 05:52:32 AM

I ought to talk to the management and see if it would be feasible to put up a message board near the entrance for networking. It could potentially increase their sales and would cost next to nothing to put up a cork board, tacks, and paper..   

Go for it, I've started model clubs and IPMS Branches in exactly that way at least three times. The LMS owners are usually only too pleased to help out as it increases their potential sales.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit