Japanese P-47

Started by Librarian, June 07, 2017, 04:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 13, 2017, 07:41:08 AM
It happens. It's probably the biggest roadblock on my whiffing journey, the build never matches the vision, or pales to it.

:wub:

Too true.  Rarely does reality match the images inside my head.  And that also applies to so many things other than modelling.  :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Really fighting this one...starting to look like a radial D4Y:

Old Wombat

You may be fighting it but I reckon you're winning! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Cool. I am amazed that the bomb bay idea works so well.  :thumbsup:

Librarian

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 14, 2017, 08:40:40 AM

Having a decision battle with that one too. I've got the bay doors ready but I'm really tempted to leave them off...some Japanese planes (G4M) would remove the bay doors on combat missions and I thought it would look KHOOL ;D.

Caveman

It's just got fancy roll up bomb bay doors like a liberator I reckon...
secretprojects forum migrant

Captain Canada

That's wicked ! Almost unrecognisable now ! Love it

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Absolutely  :thumbsup: Also shows how big a P.47 is
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2017, 02:04:22 AM

My Mum's uncle flew them for awhile in-between tours on his Spit VIIIs...he didn't like them but did comment on the colossal size. He also stated that during straffing missions you did feel totally protected by that huge engine.

Some joker pilot commented that if you had a plane on your tail you could undo your harness and hide behind the instrument panel ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Librarian on June 15, 2017, 05:35:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2017, 02:04:22 AM

My Mum's uncle flew them for awhile in-between tours on his Spit VIIIs...he didn't like them but did comment on the colossal size. He also stated that during straffing missions you did feel totally protected by that huge engine.

Some joker pilot commented that if you had a plane on your tail you could undo your harness and hide behind the instrument panel ;D

I've also read something by a US pilot (I think he was a P-51 pilot before transfering to P-47's) stating that the only way to take evasive action in one was to get out of the seat & run around the cockpit.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

No idea how to post photos now as Photobucket suddenly want a lot of cash for me to do so. Probably have to quit.

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on July 03, 2017, 02:37:46 AM
No idea how to post photos now as Photobucket suddenly want a lot of cash for me to do so. Probably have to quit.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't let them win.
Fred

Librarian

Well I did find a site but the photos posted were HUGE so I've just posted links. Hope this is OK. Anyone know how to reduce the size of posted images on IMGUR?

https://i.imgur.com/qaOyxzY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4jrLGvo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SKwEWmV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nRSmWyV.jpg

scooter

Quote from: Librarian on July 03, 2017, 03:03:38 AM
Well I did find a site but the photos posted were HUGE so I've just posted links. Hope this is OK. Anyone know how to reduce the size of posted images on IMGUR?

Nice.  Use width=xxx inside the lead img html tag to adjust sizes when you copy and paste the links into the forum. So, the syntax reads img width=xxx
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng