Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

That pic of the trolley looks like a CAD drawing you'd see in an Airfix instruction sheet. Do you know something we don't ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2017, 05:41:02 AM

That pic of the trolley looks like a CAD drawing you'd see in an Airfix instruction sheet. Do you know something we don't ?  :angel:

Hehehe, yes it does a bit, doesn't it?  ;D

I'd not noticed it until you mentioned it Chris, just the different paint and styrene colours I guess.

Be assured I'm NOT building a master for an Airfix Seamaster, I can't see them ever doing one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've got the forward and aft hull supports installed now and the aircraft sits pretty well correctly as a result, very pleasing. One of the aft supports may need to be replaced as I fabricated it from 20 thou styrene and it wobbles some, so I made the other one from 40 thou and it's much better.

My current problem is how to make the large side bolsters than you can see in the pic of the real thing above. I need to make ten of them  :banghead: and while I have the correct diameter styrene tube, 9 mm dia. I don't have any nesting rod to plug the ends and round off. It seems that it's just not available either, so I'm a bit stumped.

Anyone any idea what I could use for the ends please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

anywhere that sells beads ?  or buttons perhaps   well lacquered split peas or lentils ?   a few ideas for you. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I'd thought of Milliput but  the idea of sanding down 20 hemispheres 9 mm across fills me with dread.  :banghead:

However, gluing an approx. 9 mm hemispherical button on each end sounds much more sensible.

I feel the need for some haberdashery........  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Seeing as you've said that the tubing is 9mm diameter, what I do when I want to file a nice rounded end is to put it into my drill. Switch it on and just put my file against it ---- a little bit of 'lofting' and bobs yer uncle
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Sounds like the rod chucked in the drill is the best bet. Even a hollow rod with an epoxie putty end cap "lathed down" in the drill would work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

I'll try both methods, with twenty of the blasted ends to make I could get bored with just one of them.............

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Stick on eyes for soft toys?  Chances are they won't be 9mm but worth a look.

Or, having put "9mm hemisphere" into e-bay you can get 1000 of these for just over $AU 5 with free postage.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1000X-Acrylic-Flat-Back-Hemisphere-Pearl-White-Cabochon-Jewelry-Decoration-9mm-/300944013871?epid=877207254&hash=item4611a93a2f:g:jmsAAOSwYvFZHs2P
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Strewth, I never thought of that! They look pretty good too.  :thumbsup:

I wonder what I'd do with the other 980 of them?  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I'm sure you'd find a use for them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2017, 02:39:07 AM

Build a Dalek or three  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

The trolley is a kit by itself! Or better a scratchbuild.
Kit deserves separate whiffie nominations for the plane AND the trolley! :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2017, 02:39:07 AM

:laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-