Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 06, 2017, 08:36:00 AM
Lovely, EPIC piece!  :wub:  :bow:

Good word.  Gives me an idea for a GB suggestion.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 06, 2017, 03:18:59 AM
Quote from: 63cpe on October 05, 2017, 11:32:20 AM
Can't find the words.......what's the superlative of phenomenal?...

F***ing marvellous?

Sometimes that little phrase is absolutely perfect for the task in hand.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Fantastic! really turned out superb! 

Is she a six seater?  Behind the pilots I note the 4 tops side ejection panels for crew.  Sorry if I missed that n the write up. 

Well done- Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Yes, she is a six seater, but I haven't posted the back story yet, and that mentions the reasoning.

Because the RAF wanted the Monterey as a maritime reconnaissance aircraft rather than a bomber, they needed another 2 seats for the 'guys in back' and displaced the equipment that was there down into the hull.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it anyway.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2017, 12:00:11 PM
Yes, she is a six seater, but I haven't posted the back story yet, and that mentions the reasoning.

Because the RAF wanted the Monterey as a maritime reconnaissance aircraft rather than a bomber, they needed another 2 seats for the 'guys in back' and displaced the equipment that was there down into the hull.

Perfect. An extra 2 crew would have been needed for ASW or MPA, those sonoboys or cameras are not going to watch themselves!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on October 07, 2017, 05:56:59 PM
;)Yes, she is a six seater, but I haven't posted the back story yet, and that mentions the reasoning.

Perfect. An extra 2 crew would have been needed for ASW or MPA, those sonoboys or cameras are not going to watch themselves!

And someone's got to boil the kettle too.  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 08, 2017, 01:29:02 AM
[quote auth or=PR19_Kit link=topic=43912.msg784206#msg784206 date=1507402811]
;)Yes, she is a six seater, but I haven't posted the back story yet, and that mentions the reasoning.

Standard issue Thermos surely ?  ;)

[/quote]
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 08, 2017, 01:29:02 AM

The most important task any member of the flight crew will have. The production of a continous supply of NATO standard tea and coffee....... ;D ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

Six ?
Pilot, Co-pilot, Flight Engineer, Navigator, Comms, wet man, dry man and skipper/ operations tactical officer total 7.

PR19_Kit

The flight engineer and the W/Op are the same guy. It's my model and I'll crew it my way................  ;D

Regards
Kit

McColm

It's a in-flight refueling flying boat, what no guide lights or markings for the aircraft to line up on! :banghead:

PR19_Kit

I haven't finished painting it yet...................

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

But now I have, and it's FINISHED at last!  ;D

Well, Phase 1 is finished anyway, I may weather it a bit before Telford, time allowing, and I'm still going to build the weapon loading hatch and its associated cranes and platforms etc. but for now the plug-in hatch will have to serve.

It's been by far the most complex and time consuming build I've done since I signed into the Forum in 2008, no less than 73 build pics for goodness sake!

I can now get on with the 'Snoopy Too' A-400M and hopefully finish that before Telford as well, fingers crossed.

Here's some pics of the completed Monterey and it's beaching trolley, plus some detail area pics too.

The AAR pod and the beaching trolley, showing how the air bags support the forward end of the trolley, but it just has support brackets at the aft end!

The AAR pod on its own, nestled in the bomb bay. And no, it doesn't rotate! But it does plug in and out and eventually I may build a closed bomb bay door for this area too.

The nose and cockpit area, showing the AAR probe, main radar scanner and the ejection seat hatches, not to mention the deployed Orange Harvest aerial.

The tail showing the MAD boom, ECM aerials and the tail cannon radar. I MAY get the blasted Vulcan cannon fitted before Telford, accent on the 'may'........

And for those of you with lots of spare time, the back story is here :- http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44383.new.html#new

Regards
Kit

CammNut

I am so, so glad that they no longer lock up mad people. My world would be so much poorer if PR19 was in a straightjacket and unable to model. My heart-felt congratulations on the superb results of divine madness.

TheChronicOne

Art, Man, work of art....

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

It's beautiful!! I love it!!! Been waiting for all the decos to be on and everything and it was worth the wait!!

Stupendous!
-Sprues McDuck-