Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2017, 09:45:20 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2017, 09:37:14 AM

As I am a pervert, after reading your earlier posts and other comments, I bought sunday in a flea market the Mach2 Kaman Huskie.  ;D :banghead:

Now that's one I haven't got, and it's a great looking aircraft to my mind. I'd be interested in what you think of it.

I haven't yet taken it off its sealed bag, but what I have already seen is a moulding defect on a rotor blade!  :banghead:
And I have too the Sea Dart, the Leduc 022, Republic Seabee, and a Sikorsky S-51. I have managed to sell off a Caravelle bought while drunk.  :rolleyes:
BTW, visiting a model show in Strasbourg (France) saturday, out of curiosity I asked a seller the price of a Planet S-51, and he answered: "No, I won't sell it, it's too horrible, dreck, it's just to show around!"   :o
But have bought an Hasegawa Emily for 10 euros.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2017, 12:03:37 PM

And I have too the Sea Dart, the Leduc 022, Republic Seabee, and a Sikorsky S-51. I have managed to sell off a Caravelle bought while drunk.  :rolleyes:

I too have the Leduc 022, and an 021 as well, plus a Sea Dart (my second one...) a Coleoptere (!), a Ryan X-13, both X-24s, a B-45 Tornado and an RB-57F (what a surprise  ;D)

I like the story of the Caravelle.  ;) ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Fantastic on the refueling pack!  Looks just like the photo on page 125 of THE SeaMaster book.  Well done.

Guess you wont need it for a refueling fit, but doing the top loading crane and weapons trolley (page 139) would be an interesting project.

-Dave

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

That's more down to Airfix than me Dave, the hose reel and associated stuff are superbly moulded, but thanks anyway.  ;D

I still have to build the tank that sits forward of the reel but that should be reasonably straightforward, ha ruddy ha.....  ;D

I AM doing the weapon loading crane etc, that's why I modelled the loading hatch open. The scenario is that the aircraft has just returned from a tanking mission and has to be loaded with a humunguous depth charge or two.  ;D

Today I've spent literally hours cutting, filing and sanding trying to get the main surfaces to fit the fuselage. Absolutely NOTHING fitted as it should, for some reason Mach2's slots, designed to take the tabs on the matching parts, are always too small and need to be filed out. Not only that, the port wing slot was over 2mm too low and needed loads of styrene cut away before the wing surface would match the fuselage top!

I shan't comment on how the fin fitted, it just didn't, but now it does! Pics below are just taped up, I haven't glued the wings or tail on as yet.

Back to the engines and the beaching trolley tomorrow I expect.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

Looking good Kit, now I know why I changed the tail and engines on my build. Got some pictures posted on my blog page that might be of interest to you.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2017, 12:30:16 PM

I like the story of the Caravelle.  ;) ;D :thumbsup:

Me to  :thumbsup: ;D

Strasbourg, lovely city  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Not for Mach 2 kits the masking tape we use to hold "normal" kits together.  No, Mach 2 kits require duct tape...

Looking good Kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

DISASTER!   :banghead: :banghead:

After spending some hours filing and sanding down the apology for a fuselage joint, I must have sanded off 1/2 pound of styrene and applied around the same amount of putty to try and get it even half way acceptable, I thought I'd give it a rest and move on to the beaching trolley.

THEN I found that the only bits of the trolley that I can find are the main chassis shown in the earlier pics! it looks like I've lost a whole sprue, including all the wheels etc. somewhere.  :banghead:

I'll start digging in the last area the kit occupied, but I'm not optimistic. I can see the aircraft being finished a long while before I can scratchbuild all those little bits and pieces I'll need for the trolley.  :angry:

Regards
Kit

kerick

Simple! Start looking for something else and you will find your lost sprue! Always works for me.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

You didn't seal them up inside it did you?
:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 22, 2017, 04:33:33 AM

Hehehe, it's big enough, isn't it?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 22, 2017, 04:33:33 AM

Had exactly the same thought! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

;D ;D ;D ;D

Man I hope the sprue shows up soon!  I'm having good fun following along with this. Makes me want to build mine but I'll wait until a less stressful time of year for that... say.. winter when I'm not working much.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I'm STILL PSRing the fuselage!  :banghead:

Work will come to a halt now till Sunday night as I'll be away prior to the Coventry Show then. Hopefully the trolley parts will dig themselves out by then, I certainly can't find the blasted things!

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I'm hoping that the trolley parts show up sooner rather than later for you Kit. It's no fun when you spend almost as much time looking for parts as you do building the model.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....